Drago going downhill fast

Leighqt

Drago is quickly going downhill fast will literally be going to out of hours vets, we had blood done which have come back as kidney failure.

All you can really do is give him the best life possible he has left. I'd be feeding him his favorite treats and maybe take him for a ride into the sunset tonight. Sorry to hear about this. Was routing for you both.

My family and I are sat in the sun with him,awaiting a call back from the emergency vet to properly discuss with me his results, all I have been told up to now is he has severe kidney failure but can’t be told more as this was told to me by the nurse. I think they are going to tell me it’s kinder to euthanise him. At this point I don’t even know what treatment may be or if it is a option for him.

I don’t understand what went so wrong so quickly initially he went to vet because of falls so was xrayed and given Calcium d liquid in case he was deficient he was still eating and drinking normally , he then stopped eating and the next vet visit coincided with his follow up where he had lost 10 % of his body weight was still drinking ok so then we had bloods, antibiotics and critical care food and now Two days later this , up until he became really poorly his irate etc were normal no sign of dehydration I took his powders to vets who was happy with husbandry, I know sometimes it’s just biological but this is horrendous last month he was as far as I was aware healthy and happy he even got entered into the monthly compition and now is maybe our last day with him

Sorry to hear that. I know kidney failure can make any animal go down hill fast. My neighbors German shepherd had kidney failure out of no where and only after a few days he had passed.

He's gone they said he had Gout as well as kidney failure was unlik5to recover with hospitalization and I would be kinder to allow him to be put to sleep.

I'm devastated this happened so fast
I’m so sorry! You and Drago are in my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom