Draco- Flying Dragons

tucc185

So...I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 1.2 trio of Draco agamas out of Vietnam- a species I've wanted to work with for years. They are fresh imports and of course need all the care that goes along with that, but does anyone here have actual experience or knowledge of this genus? I've come across lots of information but almost all of it seems to be a rehashing of some anecdotal info- i.e. they eat only ants, etc. Any solid information or links to a decent care article would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Quick crappy phone pic of one of the females. I will post more once they settle in

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 260
Quick update: after hydrating and feeding them well, they've settled in nicely. The male seems to get along well with the two females, and it's interesting to watch their interactions.

On Tuesday I was very pleasantly surprised to find one of the females down on the floor of the cage covered in substrate after having laid four eggs. I only had about an inch of substrate but she clearly had been digging so she may have wanted to excavate more. The eggs were tiny and a bit scattered. I excavated them and have them incubating in vermiculite now. After a few hours, the female made her way back to the top of the enclosure and sat under the basking light for some time. So far so good, all the eggs look great and I'm very hopeful I'll see hatchlings soon!

Attachments

• Draco.jpg
    Draco.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 244
  • Draco2.jpg
    Draco2.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 239
  • DracoEggs.jpg
    DracoEggs.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 185
this is awesome. what are you feeding them and what size/type of enclosure are they in?

Wow, nice! I'd also like to hear what diet you have them on and enclosure? Do they ever make an attempt to "fly"?

Back
Top Bottom