Don't get silkback Bearded dragons...

Remkon

Chameleon Enthusiast
My daughter likes bearded dragons a lot ever since once one nodded his head at her... and me as the only reptile lover in my household obviously will take this opportunity to get the kid on my team so I've decided I will sacrifice some of my valuable shed-space to build an enclosure for a bearded dragon... so the research begins!

Then I came across a seller of silkbacks ... they look awesome and as I never heard or seen those before so I googled info on them and now I'm kinda disgusted by them or at least the way they are bread and the people that bread them in such a way ...

https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/874048-silkback-bearded-dragons-why-they.html

I thought they were the result of breeding two leatherbacks together. Everything I’ve read discourages breeding silkies. But I guess people do it anyway.

I thought they were the result of breeding two leatherbacks together. Everything I’ve read discourages breeding silkies. But I guess people do it anyway.
They are but from there you get more silkbacks if you breed 2 silkbacks so odds are breeders will choose to do that to have less leatherbacks and normals which are worth less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom