does this poop look normal

Joe A

does the orange color mean anything. i have been using carrots in my gutload, could this be it or is there maybe another reason for an orange coloration

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 256
Joe - Looks like your cham need a few extra mistings a day! Orange in the urates mean your cham is not getting enough water - try the few extra mistings and see if things improve!

really? i have his dripper on almost all day and water him with a spray bottle at least twice a day usually first thing in the morning and then again in the evening. could there be any other reasons for the orange color? could too much vit A or D3 cause this

I came across your post & was wondering if you ever got a definite reason for this kinda poop. I have had my baby panter cham for 1 week & have been worried he wasn't drinking enough. Today I got the same kind of poop (wish I had though to snap a photo too). I'm worried he may be dehydrated but also that maybe I dusted his crickets too much w/ the supplements. I mist 3x's a day & have a dripper. How did yours do after this post? Did extra misting help or was vet needed? Not sure what I should do. I hope all was well w/ yours. TIA

Reptimom...

As Reptimom suggests in the above post increase mistings and drips and see if things correct as the orange is a sign of dehydration so hence increase the fluids...
;)

i had that same problem

i think your cham needs more water you should try feeding him horned worms they are great for when they are dehydrated:D. send me a message if u need more info:D

How hot is your basking spot temperature. When i first got my 2 month old nosy be i was misting twice a day and the dripper was on all day. And after a week his urates were still a bit orange like yours. It was because the wattage on my heat lamp was too high. That could be the problem or your guy isnt drinking enough, if you are still worried, i would suggest getting some silkworms or hornworms, they really help with hydration. keep us updated :D

It is orange at the beginning....however it white for 3/4 of it...if the eyes are sunk in....then that's a bad signe....but a little bit of beginning discoloration isn't so bad....just make sure he is drinking.

Back
Top Bottom