Hasn't pooped since the 26th

Pluto_the_Panther

Established Member
I'm worried my chameleon is impacted because he hasn't pooped since the 26th. Is there anything I can try before I go to the vet. I'm going to go broke taking him there since I've already spent a ton on fixing his RI. I was wondering if I could try hydration via subcutaneous injections or maybe a warm soak and massage? I know those aren't the best but could it maybe work?

Hornworms or silkworms are great for hydrating and hopefully will be enough to help lubricate the poo. You could also try feeding your crickets or roaches some canned pumpkin purée right before feeding them to your cham and they may pass on the laxative effect. If these don’t work by Monday, you’ll have to make a vet appointment. The longer he goes without pooping, the harder it will be to get him to go.

Hornworms or silkworms are great for hydrating and hopefully will be enough to help lubricate the poo. You could also try feeding your crickets or roaches some canned pumpkin purée right before feeding them to your cham and they may pass on the laxative effect. If these don’t work by Monday, you’ll have to make a vet appointment. The longer he goes without pooping, the harder it will be to get him to go.
I've been mainly feeding him silkworms so should I still try feeding him more?

I think I might just call Monday and see if I can pick up some lactulose? That way I don't get charged for them to give him a "checkup" and I don't have to stress him out.

Are you fogging? I had this issue a few weeks back. I usually don't fog my Veiled Cham but since he was sick and dehydrated early March, I've been fogging him every night and he gets 3 mistings a day. His urates are now mostly white with a bit of light peach . I also feed him 1 large ( a tiny bit larger than I would normally feed) hornworm a week. Co.pared to my Panther, the poop portion still looks a bit dry.

Are you fogging? I had this issue a few weeks back. I usually don't fog my Veiled Cham but since he was sick and dehydrated early March, I've been fogging him every night and he gets 3 mistings a day. His urates are now mostly white with a bit of light peach . I also feed him 1 large ( a tiny bit larger than I would normally feed) hornworm a week. Co.pared to my Panther, the poop portion still looks a bit dry.
Yeah I fog but the humidity isn't quite as high as I'd like atm.

Yeah I fog but the humidity isn't quite as high as I'd like atm.
Have you tried adding a cool mist humidifier? This is what I get when I add the cool mist humidifier.
Screenshot_20240406_232651_Govee Home.jpg

Back
Top Bottom