Does she look healthy??

This is what they labeled her as.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-164710~2.png
    Screenshot_20220420-164710~2.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 59
It looks like you have the zoomed double lamp fixture with the compact uvb and a heat bulb. The problem with the compact uvb bulbs is that the uvb rays don’t penetrate more than 2-3 inches down into the cage so she isnt really getting any usable uvb. This is dangerous because she will develop MBD. What you need is a long linear t5ho fixture with either a Reptisun 5.0 bulb or an Arcadia 6% bulb. Either one is fine and then lay this on top of your cage and have her basking branch 9-10 inches below. Now you want the light fixture to fit all the way across your cage. You do need to upgrade her to a 2x2x4 cage so you might as well get the 24 inch t5ho fixture and bulb. Jackson’s need lots of room so the larger cage is necessary. As for her appetite, you might want to try some other bugs with her to tempt her to eat such as dubia roaches, bsfl, occasional wax worms or meal worms. Make sure they are small enough for her. Silk worms are great to.

Tried waxwarms and mealworms. She'll eat them but very rarely. But I'll keep trying. I'm buying a new cage as soon as I have the money. Should I be worried for how small she is if she isn't a rainbow Jackson?

Tried waxwarms and mealworms. She'll eat them but very rarely. But I'll keep trying. I'm buying a new cage as soon as I have the money. Should I be worried for how small she is if she isn't a rainbow Jackson?
No, I wouldn't be concerned at all. She looks healthy for her size. How big was she when you got her? Has she grown in your care? She might be on the smaller side, as it's always hard to tell exactly how big they are even through pictures, but she looks to be a healthy weight. She's not excessively skinny or obese.

If you follow all of the advice given here, you'll likely find her appetite coming back along with more normal activity. It will be a slow process. But just feed her as much as she wants to eat for now while make the corrections. It's a holistic approach. If you have everything dialed in, the chameleon will begin to heal.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/products/arcadia-prot5-6-uvb-bulb-with-hood. This is the one you want. The 24 inch long t5ho fixture and it comes with the Arcadia 6% bulb all in one. That’s a good price as well. It’s on the Pangea web site. Even though it is too long for the cage you have now, you can just lay it across the top even if the ends stick out. Just make sure her basking branch is 9-10 inches below to give her the optimal uvb level. As for a larger cage, check Facebook market place for used ones. They will be cheaper but you will have to disinfect it before using it Which isn’t that hard to do.n keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom