Does he look dehydrated?

Mrfly2

Wondering if my guy was dehydrated I'm a noob, are those sunken eyes or is he shedding, I have no clue

Attachments

• 20221004_161330.jpg
    20221004_161330.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20221004_161336.jpg
    20221004_161336.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20221004_161345.jpg
    20221004_161345.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221004_161351.jpg
    20221004_161351.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221004_161322.jpg
    20221004_161322.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 39
I would definitely monitor his water intake to be on the safe side, if your guy is a shy drinker also check his urate too! any abnormal looking urate can indicate dehydration. I know my female is too shy of a drinker to the point I will never catch her drinking…so instead I check her urate ! :)

Wondering if my guy was dehydrated I'm a noob, are those sunken eyes or is he shedding, I have no clue
They are a bit inset... This however does not indicate in itself dehydration. But I am looking at the excess of skin as well. What supplements and UVB lighting are you using?

Just caught him drinking 36in 6%Arcadia, which I just lowered to screen level on your advice it was too high, repticalcium without d3 every day repashy calcium plus lod twice a month, just started, I'm the guy who's kid bought a chameleon you helped me earlier when I thought he had a RI

Just caught him drinking 36in 6%Arcadia, which I just lowered to screen level on your advice it was too high, repticalcium without d3 every day repashy calcium plus lod twice a month, just started, I'm the guy who's kid bought a chameleon you helped me earlier when I thought he had a RI
How is he doing with eating? How many a day?

He does look a little dehydrated.
Do you have a water bowl in his cage?
Everyone says they don't drink from a bowl but they do, you should try holding a shallow water bowl up to him my chameleons will drink from the bowl.
If you have an automatic mister you should try squeezing the tube so that a water drop is dangling there and he should lick the end of the tube.

Mister should be fine or dripper. Using bowl takes time from what I understand. Dripper and mister they k own how to drink from.

I mist for 5mins 3 times a day and have a little dripper going which I fill up in the mourning, I moved the dripper yesterday and he drank for the first time that I saw, I hid so he didn't know I was in the room lol, I fed him 2 super worms, 5 roches and like 10 bsfl, today so well see what he eats when I get home any advice on giving retivit. Immune booster? It's a liquid

I mist for 5mins 3 times a day and have a little dripper going which I fill up in the mourning, I moved the dripper yesterday and he drank for the first time that I saw, I hid so he didn't know I was in the room lol, I fed him 2 super worms, 5 roches and like 10 bsfl, today so well see what he eats when I get home any advice on giving retivit. Immune booster? It's a liquid
Your doing it correctly... I would not give any boosters. Most are very shy drinkers. Some will not drink off leaves unless they see the movement of the water as well.

How is he doing with eating? How many a day?
Well I came home from work and he hadn't eaten one bug, I gave him 2 super worms, like 8 bsfl, and 5 roaches, this is the first time he hasn't eaten, except for a couple days when I ran out of food, I'm not sure if m over reacting, if this is normal, but I have a weird feeling somthing is not right, he just kinda looks sickly, maybe my humidity is fluxating to much, he doesn't seem to explore his cage and mainly stays on top areas, my uvb is 9 in from his main stick,

Attachments

• 20221004_161259.jpg
    20221004_161259.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 27
He also hasn't pooped since the worm, it was a pretty tiny red dirt worm....... Damn this lizard should of came with a Xanax prescription

I wanted to remodel his cage and get rid of those flaky vines, and install some dragon ledges and go all real wood, but would that remodel stress him too much if he is indeed sick

So earthworms are something we avoid due to the parasites they can carry.

He does not look good in that pic. Still sitting like that on the feeder run and the eyes look further pulled in. Did you end up getting a fecal done?

Time to look for a vet and get him in. Something is going on with him.

Back
Top Bottom