Does he look dehydrated?

mika

Hi, how does the eye look? I thought it would be out more?

Attachments

• IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 183
Ok someone else's post got me worried? Can anybody else tell me if his eyes look normal?

Ok, here's 2 more pics. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Once you click the pic and it opens up, click on it and it opens in a new window and click again to enlarge it

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 99
What kind of watering do you provide? automatic misting? dripper? hand misting? how often and for how long? His eyes do seem sunken..... but maybe not in a bad way. My cham Fred seems just fine but his eyes don't bulge like my other male Jake. Take a look at his urates to get a better idea of his hydration. If they are white then he is fine. If you are getting yellow or orange urates he is definitely dehydrated. He does look good in general. What do you feed him?

What kind of watering do you provide? automatic misting? dripper? hand misting? how often and for how long? His eyes do seem sunken..... but maybe not in a bad way. My cham Fred seems just fine but his eyes don't bulge like my other male Jake. Take a look at his urates to get a better idea of his hydration. If they are white then he is fine. If you are getting yellow or orange urates he is definitely dehydrated. He does look good in general. What do you feed him?

I use the Big Dripper all day long and I hand spray him 48 oz of water each spray 2x a day. Sometimes 24 oz per spray 2x a day. His urates do have a yellow tinge to it but it's mostly white.

I usually feed him crickets. But I vary it with silkworms (which he doesn't care for) and hornworms. I've been feeding him a bunch of hornworms lately because I thought he was dehydrated. I have a female cham and her eyes are popped out like normal. I don't know why his isn't and I read a thread where the rim of a chams eyes were kinda puffy & it looks like my cham's eyes were too. Puffy rims and a little sunken in.

Maybe the older they get the less their eyes buldge?

hi i was just reading your post as im a little worried about my cham too i have a younge male yemen and i would say hes about 4-5months old and too me his eyes look a bit sunken im going to put a picture up later today on my thread should i worry? so if any could look at it would be great but i've been looking at pictures and was wondering if the well what i would descripe as their eyebrow lol does stick out a bit on yemen chams as thats the part that im worried about where it looks sunken?

Back
Top Bottom