Do u have a zen habitats enclosure?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
Anyone on here have a zen habitats enclosure? I purchased two. Ones the meridian and the other is normal. I only set up the meridian one and so far i put it together right but there seems to be gaps between the back panel and sides. Enough for water to get through in my opinion. Will i have to worry about water getting everywhere? Any way to prevent it? Im nervous cuz i just bought a house and it has all brand new bamboo flooring so i def dont want it ro get wet! Anyone have issues with water in theirs?

I only have a regular Zen for my beardie, so only familiar with how those fit together. Can you maybe put some shrink to fit window film where the gaps are?

I would definitely get some 100% silicone and seal all edges And cracks. Regardless if they fit together or not water will definitely leak out .. if I’m correct The majority of that is laminate over particleboard .(as I almost purchased one ) once water hits that particleboard it will start to deteriorate..

ok so what im doing and in the process of doing right now is doing a foam background. i was already going to do this to begin with but i orignally wasnt going to foam all the way down to the bottom, i was going to do only about 3/4th way down but instead i did the full panel on all 3 sides so that covers all cracks at top and bottom. Im then going to silicone the bottom seam where foam meets pvc just to prevent any water from seeping underneath the foam. the foam is going to be painted with drylock so thats waterproof in itself too. Then im going to have a drain in the middle and hope that all the water just goes towards the drain and hope it doesnt pour out the front lol im thinking the center plant with be heavy enough to weigh the middle down for the water to be directed towards the middle. thoughts?

ok so what im doing and in the process of doing right now is doing a foam background. i was already going to do this to begin with but i orignally wasnt going to foam all the way down to the bottom, i was going to do only about 3/4th way down but instead i did the full panel on all 3 sides so that covers all cracks at top and bottom. Im then going to silicone the bottom seam where foam meets pvc just to prevent any water from seeping underneath the foam. the foam is going to be painted with drylock so thats waterproof in itself too. Then im going to have a drain in the middle and hope that all the water just goes towards the drain and hope it doesnt pour out the front lol im thinking the center plant with be heavy enough to weigh the middle down for the water to be directed towards the middle. thoughts?
I know it’s been a while. Did you ever get this figured out? I nearly went with two Zen Habitats cages and had some thoughts/ideas about a decent drainage set up.

Back
Top Bottom