Do Chameleons have an odor?

sk8elenex92

whats up guys. I just wanted to know if there would be a problem with the chameleon stinking up my room. Im getting a cage built for it right now, and i was just wondering do any of you guys have problems with them stinking up your rooms. Its just going to be one veiled. Alsoo do all the lights make your room really hot, when i had a Iguana my room always became so hot because of the heat rocks and lights.
Thanks..

Well I have my veiled in my room with the lights and it doesn't seem hotter. The only reason it might get smelly is if you don't clean the cage often and it's the poop smell.;)

no, chameleons dont stink, but the cage can. make sure you clean and drain your water. you wont have a problem if you do that. yes, your room will be a little warmer with a chameleon inside.

We only get a smell from the crickets. We buy in bulk and man do they reak.

Just make sure you clean the cage frequently and it should be fine.

JustinIgor, your room gets warmer? I can't tell the difference. Maybe because I live in northern Illinois and it's the winter, so the heat feels good.

I don't notice a heat difference in any of the rooms I have reptiles in. Maybe just a few degrees but nothing drastic and I have 6 in one room and like 10 in the other. The lights are only hot when you are right next to them.

I don't notice a heat difference in any of the rooms I have reptiles in. Maybe just a few degrees but nothing drastic and I have 6 in one room and like 10 in the other. The lights are only hot when you are right next to them.
That's what I thought.

Awesome thanks guys. I dont think i should have a problem with the water just siitting. Im going to have a drain, and clean the cage as soon as i see some poopy.

Back
Top Bottom