DIY Mister

So I was thinking of doing a do it yourself mist system. I was looking getting this pump, http://www.amazon.com/SEAFLO-Water-...N--3f7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

would it be enough for a mist system for a 38inx38x18 enclosure? I was looking at the mist king and looking at what it is I can easily make the same thing for half the price.

If you're only running 1-2 nozzles it would be adequate. That being said, I've heard others try and make their own, and while the savings might be there...they've mostly all said that they regret just not buying the mistking to begin with (some ended up buying it anyways).

For $100 you're getting a top notch system, with lots of technical support and customer service as well. Not to mention Mistking is a site sponsor, so you're also supporting a company that helps keep this forum alive so that it can continue to support thousands of Chameleon enthusiasts.

This is the pump and nozzles I ordered for my setup. Its a continuous 20 ft line with nozzles coming off to three cages. It honestly works perfectly. i do however have it plugged into a special reptile timer that can be set for seconds instead of minutes. Put the intake line into a five gallon jug of purified water and it lasts about two weeks with three mistings per day of 45 seconds. The only issue I have is that the nozzles are not the anti drip type, so the remaining water in the line drips out after misting (about two or three cups) which isn't a bad thing if you have adequate drainage. The whole setup cost about $60 Canadian. The mist is very fine and honestly I assume it could probably handle up to 5-6 nozzles, and has been running perfectly for about 4 months. Make sure you get thicker wall tubing because the pressure is quite high.

Ps you have to buy the corresponding ac adapter (amperage, voltage) and DIY the connections as well. Pretty safe but as with any DIY *do it at your own risk*

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
thanks for all the replies. If anything I will get the mistking. with the mistking do you still need a drip system or is the mist enough?

I use only my mister but if you notice your cham not drinking at all it helps to have a dripper too. I would test it out without one and see how it goes and ad one later if you feel it is needed.

good deal. I do not have a cham yet and you can look at my enclosure in the same section this one is in. Would it be a bad idea to have the mist king set up to mist and drip at the same time? or is that too much? if you look at my enclosure the drain system I made works very well!

Just mount the misting nozzle above the screen as high as you can without it spraying the lights. You will get misting and drips.

You probably already know but its worth repeteing.. you shouldn't use weather you see your chameleon drink as an indication of thier hydration. Watch the color of thier poo.

3beb0fc47f8853d495afc3a400ab5752.jpg

This one I used a cheap mounting clip from Lowe's.

64e5a694fc1190db61342db7d8198634.jpg

ccdf77cbaf3153d06b686ca1466c8ddf.jpg

7aa7c23b21a7979db387302e04b64b51.jpg

Awesome! Thanks again everyone. Hopefully will pick one up soon! Just waiting on getting the mistking and light setup!

You might also look at the AquaZamp and the Climist systems. I have all thee and am happy with them all.

Back
Top Bottom