DIY HD 'Auto Mister' for under $100

Yes yes. but its not a leak. and its not from there. the water just won't stop FLOWING(leaking) out my dripper nossle(the end part in my cham's space) EVEN when the solenoid is off. Off or on, in my system, the solenoid pump doesn't even seem to do anything to stop on go the water flow, and yes, its directed the correct way. i found that the black solenoid piece can rotate to increase/decrease flow but even sinched all the way tight(most closed), with a little pressure in the system, water still goes out the end when the solenoid is off. im way confused
EITHER
your fogger-nossle won't let water drip out unless the solenoid is on to increase the pressure or you have some kind of trick valve somewhere in your's that i dont

ok. if you still don't get what happens to me; what happens with YOUR timer off and pumping the tank with NO water in your lines but water in the tank? either
A:as you pressurize the tank, water slowly goes up and up and up..(and out)
or
B: the water fills your line then stops somewhere(where?and how?)..until the solenoid turns on

OK. Trying to get this right so just bare with me...

The valve is on and you get large amounts of water? Just as you would expect when the valve is open. Then you turn off the valve and the you get a dribble? This would just be the water in the light dripping out I would assume. The water stop eventually if this is the case.

If you are getting water from the nozzle at all times when the tank is pumped up with pressure there is something wrong with the valve. Everything on the valve should be tight. If you are loosening the solenoid you might be releasing the spring pressure on the seat of the valve causing it to leak.

I have no issue helping you trouble shoot this. I wanna make sure it works out for you and if others have this issue I hope we can address the concern so others can resolve their issues.

Edit: I reread your post... OK.. sounds like the seals in the valve aren't right. I would take the valve apart and be sure everything looks OK... OR, just take it back and get another one. The only thing I can think of is that you got the wrong kind of valve, or the valve has been tampered with.

Can you post some pics?

sure! will do. ill post some picks maybe the wednesday. its no kind of leak. in fact i have the whole setup sitting on my carpet floor at it hassn't been wet i will do a in-bucket sort of deal soon but in the meantime im figuring that my issue is something more and realizing asking you was like asking what do plumbers do? so anyways i think i figure there is actually something wrong with my solenoid pump valve. it has not ever stopped the flow of water through it on or off so it is clearly a faulty valve problem now i realize.

sure! will do. ill post some picks maybe the wednesday. its no kind of leak. in fact i have the whole setup sitting on my carpet floor at it hassn't been wet i will do a in-bucket sort of deal soon but in the meantime im figuring that my issue is something more and realizing asking you was like asking what do plumbers do? so anyways i think i figure there is actually something wrong with my solenoid pump valve. it has not ever stopped the flow of water through it on or off so it is clearly a faulty valve problem now i realize.

So what is the word on the valve? Did you return it and have better luck with a new one?

Diy

Ive used a similar DIY set up years and years ago. It worked fine then as it does now. Only thing different was a 2 gallon no pump sprayer bottle. Which has an attachment to your garden hose or nozzle. This will save you time and energy from pumping the spray bottle over and over again. The bottle will pressureize as the water fills the bottle. Most hardware stores dont sell these no pump sprayers anymore and you would have to find one online. I hope this info helps!!!

Summoner, great thread, just what I needed!

Please confirm that 1/4" poly tubing is 1/4" in outer diameter, not inner. I'm talking about this: poly tubing on eBay.

Yes, it is 1/4" outside diameter. But that looks like a serious rip off. Where are you located? I can set you up with black tubing that has UV inhibitors so the tubing won't fail under the UVB lights used with reptiles. The clear tubing does not have the UV inhibitors used in black tubing. In time, the clear tubing will fail and spring a leak, making a huge mess.

Wow! What a great idea! My husband has been talking about making a mister for out new cham. Your ideas look like just what we were thinking of. Thanks for the instructions!

Back
Top Bottom