DIY HD 'Auto Mister' for under $100

also you dont want city water being used on the plants..... the white residue that is left behind from non filtered/ disstilled water is clorine...... it is not good for the plants and im sure its not good for the cham.... lol actually mom om told me to take a 5 L water bin with a small hole in the top ( too keep dust out) and let it sit for 24- 48 hours before use this will eliminate the clorine..... soo i think sticking with the round up would be the best.... nothing like swimming to your breaker pannel to shut off power.....

Thanks for the great ideas.

I built one of these , using your thread as a guide. I added another solenoid and put a dripper on it.

when i got my cham i dunno why when i started reading about auto misting krogers came into my mind since they have the simulated thunderstorms for their veggies

what spray nozzle do you use.... like to adjust the spray at the end of the clearéwhite hose...sorry i cant questions mark or it looks like this.éééééé

Ok, I have a question about auto mist systems like this one.

I was sold a homemade mister by SoCaliSon :)D) that uses an Orbit digital timer like this one:
Orbit 2-dial digital timer

I have replaced the fittings and all is go... but how on earth do you program it to only mist during the day??? I want it to do three mistings a day, at about 3-5min duration, but I don't want it to come on at night. How would I program the timer to do this for me?

Hey Argentra... Sorry I haven't got a chance to respond to you PM. With that timer what I would do is pick an Interval/Duration setting that sounded best for the day, and gave it some good pumps and let it go. The pressure should be about gone in that thing by the end of the day so even at night if the timer clicked on, there would be no pressure to mist with. Otherwise you can always just turn the nob to off at the end of the day. Then the next morning when you are refilling and pumping(remember only to fill it up about half way, otherwise there will not be enough room to build pressure to last through the day), turn it back to on. Make sense?:)

I hope that helps. Feel free to PM if you have any more questions, I promise I will get back to you this time.

~Joe

Ahhh... so THAT'S how you did it. :D And HI again...long time no see.

Ok, makes sense. Since I have a tight morning schedule, I might refill it at night but wait till morning to pump it up. That should work. I'll go ahead and set it for 4hr intervals (8am, Noon, and 4pm) and if it mists at 8pm just after the lights have gone out it won't be TOO horrible, and there shouldn't be enough pressure then for a full misting as it is.

Thanks for getting back! And sorry for the hijacking. :D

Ahhh... so THAT'S how you did it. :D And HI again...long time no see.

Ok, makes sense. Since I have a tight morning schedule, I might refill it at night but wait till morning to pump it up. That should work. I'll go ahead and set it for 4hr intervals (8am, Noon, and 4pm) and if it mists at 8pm just after the lights have gone out it won't be TOO horrible, and there shouldn't be enough pressure then for a full misting as it is.

Thanks for getting back! And sorry for the hijacking. :D

I don't think you'll run out of water fast enough to need to refill it daily.... pressure, maybe, but those tanks take a while to drain the water, or least mine did:confused:

also you dont want city water being used on the plants..... the white residue that is left behind from non filtered/ disstilled water is clorine...... it is not good for the plants and im sure its not good for the cham.... lol actually mom om told me to take a 5 L water bin with a small hole in the top ( too keep dust out) and let it sit for 24- 48 hours before use this will eliminate the clorine..... soo i think sticking with the round up would be the best.... nothing like swimming to your breaker pannel to shut off power.....

iv had to do that before rather scary

Hi, odd question, but do you know roughly how much pressure you can generate by your hand pump? Mine has a cut off at 3bar (45psi) and was wondering if you think that'll be enough?

Hi, odd question, but do you know roughly how much pressure you can generate by your hand pump? Mine has a cut off at 3bar (45psi) and was wondering if you think that'll be enough?

Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner. :eek:

I am unsure at what point the bypass kicks in.

I did find that having the tank half full or 1/3 full of water helped keep the mister running longer. This is because there is more air reserve. It just takes longer to pump up :eek:

Um first, thanks for the run-through. MUCH appreciated, awsome post. I put MINE! all together just now(second try on the seal; just went and re-did all the teflon joints cuz i learned a few tricks the first go-around) and now..it works but i am stumped at one of the problems of my setup??

and people are talking about "enough pressure" and such so here it goes:
My system, using a 1gal pest-thingy, filled 1/4 up will be pumped to a stable pressure meaning no water being ejected(will work this way when soleniod goes on here) but if pumped slightly more it will begin to leak out the one dripper piece i have set up so far(prob will end up with 2-fogger nossles and 1-dripper nossle but right now, testing with one dripper) and i don't think i did something right because it sounds like you can pump it up to any reasonable pressure, leave it be until it turns on, and there will be no leaking before and inbetween mistings???
Im confused, make it stop leaking!

So when you over pump, the valve will leak? Maybe you are exceeding the valve's rated pressure capacity? The other thing to check is to make sure the valve is on right. There is an arrow that needs to be facing the direction of flow.

You can see the arrow at the right side of the pic on the valve body. The black hose is from the spray bottle.

IMG_9118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom