DIY cage

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
I would modify that one and include horizontal pieces in the frame work to hook on your branches... Kinda like a wood dragon ledge.
I would do a smaller diameter so it is easier to zip tie branches to them. Do the first one about 7-8 inches down for basking. Then where ever you want for latch points. If you add a few to the back panel you can utilize more of the cage space as well. :)

Sorry not good with building specifics but I can see it in my head. lol

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
Trust me When I say your chameleon Will love you if he has live plants too! Plus it Will help with the humidity and chams may or may not munch down on it. A cham favorite is hibiscus!

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
I would modify that one and include horizontal pieces in the frame work to hook on your branches... Kinda like a wood dragon ledge.
I would do a smaller diameter so it is easier to zip tie branches to them. Do the first one about 7-8 inches down for basking. Then where ever you want for latch points. If you add a few to the back panel you can utilize more of the cage space as well. :)

Sorry not good with building specifics but I can see it in my head. lol
This is exactly my plan for my custom build! At first I was thinking what size I should make it that would fit the dragon ledges, but then I was like why dont I just make my own dragon ledges?? :ROFLMAO:

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is exactly my plan for my custom build! At first I was thinking what size I should make it that would fit the dragon ledges, but then I was like why dont I just make my own dragon ledges?? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah this is my rough idea for my outdoor enclosures I want to build.

KRGEE21

Established Member
Work in progress...I still need to fill up the top corners with some hanging plants, and add some more branches/vines. The way its set up can pretty much add ledges anywhere on the sides and back I want to.
1 used futon frame
1 bundle of 1"x 2" x 8'
1 roll of window screen
1 box of 1-1/4" screws
2 cans exterior poly-urethane clear spray sealant

I'm into the cage portion about 4 hours, and $65.00.

The most expensive part has been the flex seal for the planter base, and the plants/soil.

Attachments

Top Bottom