Dingo art

Hyokenseisou

Thought I'd share this as it's coming along swimmingly and I'm quite proud of it so far. Please keep in mind all these pics were taken with my iphone (usually at night so there's pretty low light...) so the phone pics really don't do it justice. It's prettier in real life, I swear! lol. I'll take a full scan later when I'm done. (Or good photo in day time with natural light, if my scanner isn't big enough)

188680_10150434696330403_814300402_17767805_550937_n.jpg

Photo reference used is of a photo I took of my cham, Dingo.

190619_10150434696420403_814300402_17767806_1005739_n.jpg

199695_10150434735470403_814300402_17767964_4920119_n.jpg

189534_10150435894830403_814300402_17778401_6695929_n.jpg

196850_10150435895365403_814300402_17778403_4921032_n.jpg

189089_10150435895595403_814300402_17778404_4990018_n.jpg

Started it late in the night on the 22nd. This is for a local reptile contest thing I plan to enter. This will be my second contest I've ever entered.

(first one... I got disqualified because my skills 'too good' for the other contestants... isn't that the point of contests? I was pretty angered by that... The accused me of probably having a past of entering contests all the time.. Yeah no.. Come on, I was 16 and it was my first contest!! :( The picture I entered wasn't even that good either!! wtf!! lol Can you tell I have a grudge? lol)

Feedback is welcomed. Also keep in mind that this is my second time drawing any sort of reptile (I usually draw canines if I do do realistic drawings). This was my first attempt at drawing reptiles (Poster for local educational event).

Beautiful work so far... looking forward to the finished piece! :)

Btw, don't let the haters wreck your joy or your skills. ;)

Absolutely stunning! Fantastic skills and beautiful technique!! Can't wait to see how it turns out :D

(I know what you mean about being disqualified, the same thing happened to me in high school!! And in 2nd grade they threw out one of my pieces saying it was too good for someone my age so my mom must have done it for me. That's just mean to a little kid!)

lookin really nice do you have any of your canine drawings to show off? you ever draw a rotty?

What about your paper? I have used a type of paper in the past that has like a sky blue color to it and it works really good with the black-n-white charcoal I usually work with. Anything special you use paper wise?

Nope, no special paper. The paper is just toned a light sandy tan colour. I can't tell you exactly the type or brand name as I got them in huge bulk sheets at a local art store years ago; just figured I'd actually finally use them.

@Hoj: I have a couple:
Fox painting, done back in 2006. This was the one that got me disqualified for being too good. :\
Random Huskey, the submittion date says 2006, but I have a feeling I did that furthre back. I don't remember, and I can't check as it's not in my house atm (hung up at family restaurant)
Another Huskey, this was done more recently, 2010. Mind you I hadn't done realistic drawings in a while, so yes, I know the nose is a bit off. The the reference was at such an awkward angle I guess I couldn't translate that into a drawing. Again this one was prisma on coloured paper.
I haven't done a Rotty yet, just to spite my sister... She has a Rotty and has been bugging me for years to draw her dog, but I refuse to because she's seriously the world's biggest b****, and I'm not just saying that because she's my sister; she's genuinely a selfish jerk.
One day, I'll draw my dog... One day... I just need to pic my favorite pic of him to use. (I have a Shiba Inu).

I many more other drawings on my deviantart account if you'd like to check it out:.

Very nice!

Btw- I can't imagine a better compliment than being thrown out of a competition because your work is too good!

It looks like a Canson Mi-Teintes paper.

Your work is really good! Is art or design something you do or are going to pursue professionally? It's very inspiring for me.

I like the Derwent Graphic Coloured Pencils over the Prismacolour. I find they have a smoother feel going onto paper. You might like them.

Keep drawing!

Your work is really good! Is art or design something you do or are going to pursue professionally? It's very inspiring for me.

I like the Derwent Graphic Coloured Pencils over the Prismacolour. I find they have a smoother feel going onto paper. You might like them.

Keep drawing!
Nah, I don't plan on doing anything with my art other than keeping it a hobby (and I'm not into the design aspect of art). A lot of my artist friends and just artists I've talked to in general all agree; the world doesn't really care for traditional art anymore, so trying to make a career in traditional art (which is what I do) would be a very VERY difficult path.

I have other plans for the future in mind, but art unfortunately is not one of them.

I've never heard of those type of pencils. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Back
Top Bottom