digging up he eggs?

mathew

Here is the problem. She started laying at 6pm she is still burying them I work till 5pm. So do I just mark the top of each egg where they lay so I don't turn them?? Should I just call in to work and do the eggs? Thanks

As long as they are not sitting in too much moisture it should be fine leaving the eggs until the next day to dig them up. Just make sure she is completely finished before disturbing her laying bin.

the eggs can be moved, rolled, etc.. within a few days of laying.. after that though, you dont want to as you would smother the growing embryo.

however, if she finished laying last night, or this morning, you can wait till you get home from work tonight to get them out.

Thanks for the quick responses I appreciate it. I left her alone thus morning I threw a couple dusted crickets in her bin with her. Age ate them quick and continued dirt moving. It's so amazing how much work they put into digging and burying there eggs. It only took her a few hours to lay and seven to bury them.

faster than my girl.
took her 3 days to dig a hole she liked then lay.

when you dig up the eggs, count them. and let us know how many she lays.

I will for sure let everyone know how many she lays. Her first clutch of non fertile eggs was very hard on her I thought she died in her tunnel it took her 20 hours just to lay her eggs. Second clutch of non fertile took almost eight hours. This clutch (fertile I hope) only took her three. Yay for her

40 the first one 33 the second. We will find out how many tonight. She seemed a whole lot bigger than before though. Her temps have been the same for the year I've had her. 80-85 basking cool side from 72-75. It is pretty exciting since they should be fertile.

how often do you feed her? and how much?
you can lower your basking temp to no more than 83, it helps.
my girl laid 38 her first time, 30 her second, and shes laying today.

I give her four crickets a day and she might eat three or four small Dubias a week she hates adults. Also once and a while she gets super worms and grasshoppers whether permitting. Am I doing something wrong? She's super healthy and cared for I don't want to hurt her.

if you change her feeding to every other day, she may not lay as much.
by reducing food and temps, it can slow or halt egg production.

Back
Top Bottom