Did anyone go to Hamburg this past weekend and notice...

skyedog

Established Member
...the amount of chameleons at this show compared to the past Hamburg shows? I was going there to try to get some dart frogs and feeders, but thank goodness I didn't have an open screen enclosure or twelve at home. I saw several vendors with veileds, including at least 3 or 4 with the translucent veileds, there were Jackson's, gracefuls, flapnecks, pygmies, only 1 vendor with a couple baby panthers, juvi mellers, and what really caught my attention... a vendor that had put out 2 young Parsons. I havent seen parsons available in Hamburg in a looooong time.

I know compared to the other shows like Daytona the list isn't that impressive, but for Hamburg it was a nice change to see more variety than usual.

And I didn't come home with any chameleons or dart frogs, just feeders.

I went!! But that was my first show. That is where I got Priscilla, a female Ambilobe. 7 mo. give or take. My friend got a veiled who is about 3 mo. and has shown some really cool coloring when we got him home and put him into his new enclosure (being handled enraged him, haha). The only panthers I saw there were females, and Priscilla was the only Ambilobe I saw. Didn't see the two parsons, but I did see a ton of veileds and the translucents as well.

ETA: One of the breeders there with the baby panther females (from whom I got Priscilla) said he had males at home and one of the people working with him said everyone had been asking about them. Maybe he will bring them out to the next show :)

I was at Repticon and the amount there was amazing as well. I ended up with a veiled, but sadly he is the one that died on the way home :( I can't wait to hear back from the vendor about a replacement, I'm trying to set up a nice terrarium in the meantime

wow, upset it missed the parsons : / which vendor was it?

you're right usually rep shows out this way are pretty weak as far as chams go, but this is a giant step in the right direction!

I was at Repticon and the amount there was amazing as well. I ended up with a veiled, but sadly he is the one that died on the way home :( I can't wait to hear back from the vendor about a replacement, I'm trying to set up a nice terrarium in the meantime

Wow, that's pretty bad...a cham in such poor shape it didn't even make it home from the show. Maybe look for another vendor?

Dagy24 - congrats on your 1st show. Amazing how many people they can cram in there isn't it? I only saw female panthers there too. They looked nice and healthy. I would have thought there would have been a few males. I'll have to keep an eye out for the males next show.

ChamOh - The vendor had received them while he was at the show. From what he told me they were imported into Florida and he had just received them. He claimed they were f1 parsons. I asked where he got them from and at first he said The Chameleon Company. When I said "really, I don't remember The Chameleon Company importing parsons", he said it was from a different company. When I did my 1st walk around through the show they weren't out. When I did my 2nd walk around (well, push around) the show he was just putting them out, which was about 230 in the afternoon. He was in the 3rd aisle from the right about 2 or 3 tables from the back.

parsons.jpg

This is one of them. Sorry it's not the best picture. He was asking $1500 each for them.

at the show that was in raritan center in new jersey i baught a rose haired turantula, two halmahera geckos, and one bumble bee walking frog :)

where was this show you all are talking about? The people i got my two baby panthers from said they has taken them to a show about a week before i got them :)

Dagy24 - congrats on your 1st show. Amazing how many people they can cram in there isn't it? I only saw female panthers there too. They looked nice and healthy. I would have thought there would have been a few males. I'll have to keep an eye out for the males next show.

ChamOh - The vendor had received them while he was at the show. From what he told me they were imported into Florida and he had just received them. He claimed they were f1 parsons. I asked where he got them from and at first he said The Chameleon Company. When I said "really, I don't remember The Chameleon Company importing parsons", he said it was from a different company. When I did my 1st walk around through the show they weren't out. When I did my 2nd walk around (well, push around) the show he was just putting them out, which was about 230 in the afternoon. He was in the 3rd aisle from the right about 2 or 3 tables from the back.

View attachment 32775

This is one of them. Sorry it's not the best picture. He was asking $1500 each for them.

Thanks for the pic! seems kind of like an odd story he told you. how could they be F1 if they were imported?..because would that mean they are wild caught in all likelihood? also a little strange that he was just getting them at the show? i guess maybe someone met him there. and then he dumped them into a glass tank with bark substrate for everyone to oogle. lol. idk, it's a crazy world. thanks for sharing.

I hear this show gets PACKED, so i've never known if the show was even worth dealing with all that.

Thanks for the pic! seems kind of like an odd story he told you. how could they be F1 if they were imported?..because would that mean they are wild caught in all likelihood? also a little strange that he was just getting them at the show? i guess maybe someone met him there. and then he dumped them into a glass tank with bark substrate for everyone to oogle. lol. idk, it's a crazy world. thanks for sharing.

I hear this show gets PACKED, so i've never known if the show was even worth dealing with all that.

It was a very odd story. When I first asked him where he got them he asked me if I knew what they were. When he realized I knew he started talking about them. It really was a bit of a story he told me. Personally unless I'm very familiar with the vendor/breeder at a show I take what I'm told with a grain of salt. Usually I'll go to the show with something in mind that I want and that I've done some research on.

And yes it gets very packed. Sometimes to the point that you cant even move around in spots. You just stand there And in the summer it turns into one of the hottest places I've been in.

Back
Top Bottom