new guy here... just saying hey.. and asking a million questions....

Trundy

Hey everyone... Just wanted to post here and introduce myself... My name is Eric. I've recently decided to get back in to chameleons. About 2.5 years ago my veiled named "Gandolf" passed away ... Soon after that , I dismantled his cage and didn't have any interest in doing it again. He was a part of our family and it was maybe the toughest loss of a pet i had experienced.

Anyhow. I'm in greensboro NC now. Just moved here about 2 months ago. I have a litter of kids at home as well as 3 knucklehead dogs... We keep poison dart frogs as well...

Looking to venture in to pygmys , Panthers, and perhaps another veiled.

I'm a 30 something comic book reading , antique collecting , animal keeping ,street magic doing , animal loving nerd. And quite proud of it. :eek:)

I use my phone to browse the internet ... so please forgive my bad spelling and over use of the periods as my thumbs and this touchscreen have a love hate relationship.

Anywhooo... I look forward to contributing ...and more likely , leaching as much knowledge from all of you as you will allow me to. I'm really interested in learning and giving the best home possible to my animals.. so if anyone has advice , I'm listening... I've seen a majority of the links , but ill re-read them if you insist. So post away please. :eek:)

I'm also interested.in attending any sort of shows or meeting and would love to meet some other cham keepers in the area...

Thanks all ....

Well first off, Welcome to the ChameleonForums! We are happy to have you with us! Any questions you have, just ask away! I suggest all three species you are looking into getting! I have a pair of Veileds and 61 eggs cooking. :) Soon to have a Dr. Gonzo Panther and someday Pygmies! You can search through the photos in the photo gallery. If you have any questions you can ask in the General Disscussions area. For healthy questions go ahead and ask in the Health area. :) Congrats to coming to the forums!

Zac

Well... In the time since i've signed on here.. I've read , read , read.....and read some more.. :)

I instantly started looking for Cham keepers in the area and have got the chance to talk to a few who have been really helpful...

I also started looking for Chams closer to me as I prefer to buy local from a good breeder that way I get to see them first , and more importantly , I can see the set up and the husbandry and ask a ton of questions.. As chance has it , I live 5 mins away from a board member here who is incredibly knowledgable, experienced and helpful... I couldn't be happier. He had a 1 male 2 female trio of Ambanja Chams and we struck a deal a few weeks ago... I am in the process of getting my setup complete and in about 2 weeks when all systems are up and running for a little while I will be bringing them home... Crazy excited about it .... I can't wait to get them home and start the process...

Welcome to the forums and back to the world of chameleons. Can't wait to see pictures of your new guys once you get them. :) You may have already found my blogs but I'll attach them again. You might find the one for new keepers helpful when setting up for your guys and since you are going to have a couple of ladies I'm also attaching my egg laying/laying bin blog.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment656

Last edited:
Thanks Jann! I definetly used both of those links when reading everything I could find.. Very well put together .. and very helpful... :D

I'm getting anxious to bring these little ones home .. today more than other days.. as my kids are on vacation with Grandpa and I have nothing to occupy my time lol... I can't wait to start snapping photos..

Hi Eric! Welcome
I love NC, I hope to retire there!. I've wanted to move there for about 15 years now, but it seems everyone has that sentiment!.
Enjoy the addiction, you will meet some amazing people here, I know I have and the knowledge is unbelievable
anne

Back
Top Bottom