New guy here; Saying hello

Gotta say chameleons movement and grabbing things is part of my favorite things about chameleons.
I ended up falling for them the moment I figured out you could own them as pets. Honestly thought they were mythical creatures for ages as a kid

I'm not sure if you're going for bioactive- But I thought I would throw in this setup list I made!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/bioactive-setup-stuff-list.2443/?page=2#ubs-comment-4038
If you use the basic stuff in here your setup should be just right.

Also as for buying a chameleon- lucky for you that ambilobes are much more common! I would check out iperdalis or maybe search for a local animal expo. Try to keep a look out for signs of good health and make sure good communication can be held.
Personally though I've had trouble with communicating with kammerflage in the past, but since everyone advocates for them I decided to trust them.

I just got my little guy who was in a 1x1x1 cage and moved him to a 2x2x4 and he's been doing great! I you have the time/ability to set up his adult cage it seems like it creates less stress and work in the long run. Nothing new to get used to :)

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your sobriety. Good luck with your little guy/girl and let us all know if you have any questions.

Change of plan. I had very little communication from CBreptiles after I placed my order. A week later and nothing had shipped yet. I cancelled it and I'm going with chameleonparadise. If anyone else has experience ordering from Bruce, IM curious about something. He sent me pics of a "baby bin" setup for the first couple weeks after my new friend arrives.

Do any of his prior customers know if these dowels are just glued onto the sides of the bin? If so is there a recommended non-toxic glue that will hold the weight of a 2-month old panther? I don't want to bug Bruce with this question as he seems very busy.
in the picture he sent you, there are holes drilled through the bin where the dowels were pushed through it. You do need glue however, so that the dowel doesnt spin and leave your cham upside down, but the glue can be applied on the outside, so no need to worry about it being safe.

Back
Top Bottom