Dehydrated or am I paranoid... sunken eyes.

Viv

IMG_4756_zpsbeffdadd.jpg

Moved into his new reptibreeze. Just wondering if this is normal for a veiled... looks mildly dehydrated to me but I'm no expert so... Urates are normal and white so I don't think it's a serious thing. Just want to get ahead of it if it's developing.

I don't think he is. You said his urates are white, so that's good.

Every Veiled I had sucked in his eyes when I got near him, because he's just making himself look bigger. He looks awesome by the way!

Chase

I don't think he is. You said his urates are white, so that's good.

Every Veiled I had sucked in his eyes when I got near him, because he's just making himself look bigger. He looks awesome by the way!

Chase

Yea... he's only 5 months and already showing some fantastic colour. Some cool turquoises coming out.

I love how much he's developed since I had him. Never get used to watching an animal grow up. It happens so fast too... you really notice the changes even from one day to another sometimes.

Thanks for allaying my concern. I do love my little guy.... even if he hates me :p

Have you had him since birth or do you know the breeder personally? Meaning are you sure of his age? He sure looks and weighs more than the average 5 month old! BTW I don't think he looks dehydrated.

Have you had him since birth or do you know the breeder personally? Meaning are you sure of his age? He sure looks and weighs more than the average 5 month old! BTW I don't think he looks dehydrated.

Both Veileds I had were that size when they were about 6 months old. Nonetheless, this is an awesome cham!

Chase

Both Veileds I had were that size when they were about 6 months old. Nonetheless, this is an awesome cham!

Chase

I know sometimes they can look huge in pictures, but the weight he stated is a pretty hefty weight. I believe you though!

Just an update a month later - he's even bigger now. Think he could end up being a monster cham :p Though that may lead to a shorter life I still think it's pretty cool how much he's growing.

10735721_10153271238811124_2062639387_n_zps0927f62c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom