- Your Chameleon - I was told she is a female. I received her 2 1/2 days ago.
- Handling - I have not picked her up yet, want her to get comfortable here first.
- Feeding - Previous owner was giving her crickets and worms until she closed her eyes and could no longer find crickets. So now she is only on meal worms. She has not been very active since arriving so this morning was the first time she ate. I got one worm in her mouth and as she swollowed it down I put another in there before she could close it. I got her to eat 4 worms and then she turned her head. Gut loading with wheatbran, kelp, hemp, carrots and collards mixture.
- Supplements - I dusted 3 of the worms with Repti calcium. I don't know how often she should get this. Have Flukers repta +boost mixed in water but can't get her to open her mouth for the dropper.
- Watering - She has a dripper but it drips on one leaf of the plant and runs down. I don't see her drinking so I have been hand misting her every hour during the day. The water stays on her skin and does not run off, is this okay? I just spray her a few times to keep her damp. The first day I kept drops dumping on her head until she started swallowing. Then she would even open her mouth and then swallow. We did this for 30 minutes and I was really happy but now can't get her to open her mouth again. If I continue to drop water on her head, I see her swallow after a while but she does not open her mouth. Is she getting water if she is swallowing?
- Fecal Description - yellow and white
- History - We found her in the yard someone had released her. My son had her and she was super active and healthy but then closed her eyes and now they are sunken. He had a fogger and dropper but said he could never get the humidity up to 80 to keep her happy. He said he misted her often but I don't know the real story. I now have her on the back glass sun room and she loves the sun hitting her. It is 80 degrees out there and 80 humidity. It got down in the 50's last night outside so this morning there was no humidity out there. I bought a warm humidifier (human) and quickly got it back up to 80 and 80%.
- Cage Type - screen. about 2 foot high.
- Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 UVB and 60 W daytime heat lamp. He told me to leave them on from 7 am to 7 pm
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Humidity - natural humidity is 80% but today was dry so I bought a warm humidifier and it was quickly back up to 80% again.
- Plants - Live ficus and several fake plants. Ficus has lost a lot of leaves so I will go get a new umbrella plant this weekend.
- Placement - Located in glass sun room. There is a ceiling fan but I have had it off. No air vents and not high traffic (except for when the yard guy going by with the blower)It is on a table about 3 feet off the ground and heat lamps are 5 inches from the top of the cage. Cage does not get below 70 degrees and is usually 80 in the day time.
- Location - Orlando Florida
I'm a new cam mom and have read as much as I can but I'm super nervous only having her a few days and knowing she needs lots of help.