Decent dimmer that wont break the bank!?

This one is cheap and on deal day Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-150411_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014-150411_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 70
Uhh gonna need a few questions

That thingy that you selected does not "dim" it turns on and off the light as needed, at full brightness. That is great for a "heater"

Or do you literally just need a dimmer? If that is the case you needs a lamp rheostat or motor controller. They all cost around $20.

Oh okay, i didn't really look at the details ? but yes i wanted a dimmer or something similar to the herpstat 2 I just don't have that herpstat budget ???

I looked at the zoomed rheostat thats like 20 bucks but doesn't that mean i have to manually switch it from low, to medium, to high, back to medium etc..? Isn't there one that does this automatically??

I run a herpstat... The cheaper ones usually are on/off option only rather then dimming. Herpstats are more expensive but the quality and options for set up are fantastic. The probes are also extremely accurate.

I run a herpstat... The cheaper ones usually are on/off option only rather then dimming. Herpstats are more expensive but the quality and options for set up are fantastic. The probes are also extremely accurate.
Whats the difference between herpstat and herpstat 2? It can just run one more device?

I have the redline 2 and I absolutely love it. Right now it controls the basking temp and the nighttime humidity.

The original unit I bought kept randomly firing its alarm for no reason. Usually at night, or during meetings. They replaced it for free. Yeah, they’re speedy, but the company stands by their product.

I looked at the zoomed rheostat thats like 20 bucks but doesn't that mean i have to manually switch it from low, to medium, to high, back to medium etc..? Isn't there one that does this automatically??
I don't bother with dimmers. I run multiple timers (cuz they're cheap). Plant lights come on first (all at once or staggered, depending on how many you have) followed by basking light an hour later, and UVB an hour after that. They turn off in the opposite order.

Dimmers are a good way to maintain the exact basking temp you want. If your ambient temp is higher the dimmer adjusts for this. I have found them to be an amazing addition as my ambient levels fluctuate quite a bit and I like a controlled basking temp.

Back
Top Bottom