Dawn dish soap for cleaning?

Hillary anne

Established Member
As I anxiously await Lou’s return from the vet I’ve spent all weekend taking apart his reptibreeze and am making it a better back spaces for him. This includes a deep cleaning.

Basically I’ve taken diluted vinegar with water to scrub and rinse the hell out the screen an and floor. And am currently soaking all branches, vines and fake foliage in the bathtub with warm water and a little dawn dish soap. I plan on using fluckers disinfectants afterward with another thorough water rinse.

Wasn’t finding much online about dawn dish soap but know it’s animal safe, however I am unsure if soaking like i Am right now is the best way to go about it. Advice would be appreciated!

His vet visit started off with a fungal infection on his foot, so I’m doing all I can to ensure any grit or Grime Is absolutely gone.

I use Dawn, just rinse really well. I dont see the benefit of soaking with soap unless its really baked on. You’re better off soaking for 5-10 mins and then scrubbing it. Soap helps remove what is on the surface but does not kill germs, so letting it soak will likely only help combined with agitation/scrubbing.

Alright and for the Sake of not doing multiple posts, I bought him a pothos from carroways. Rinsed of all its soil and cleaned the leaves. Turns out the soil I bought while saying natural and exotic has perlite in it. I am assuming even if I cover the soil with rocks, I’m going to have to start over again? Or can I just top the first inch of soil with peatmoss? Rocked up and not putting this in his habitat until I can figure this part out.

Personally, I would just sift the top 2 inches or use Peat Moss on top. Technically perlite can be considered organic, but obviously you dont want him to eat it.

Personally, I would just sift the top 2 inches or use Peat Moss on top. Technically perlite can be considered organic, but obviously you dont want him to eat it.
Thanks, guess I got another store trip tomorrow! Insulated the sides and back of his screen cage, changed back to original 5.0uvb reptisun bulb. Going on a trip an hour out of town to grab him some treats(hornworms) for his return home. Empty nester syndrome is hella strong!,and I can’t wait for him to be in his new and better set up. I’ve gone broke the last three weeks of him being to and from the vet and am relieved that he’s on the mend and not dealing with anything so severe he won’t make it. Next check hoping to score a mistking but holy hell are they expensive. Wondering if the monsoon or fogger is anything in comparison but I’m assuming no by research.

Back
Top Bottom