Dark colours after laying??

ronnie

Hi all........my girl Trixxi laid her first clutch of eggs (since i've had her anyway!)on Saturday night,all in all she had 19....since then she has been really dark i mean REALLY dark,even when she's not basking which isn't like her,any one have any idea if this is normal behavior after laying:confused:thanks for any help

What kind of dirt did you have in her laying bin? Could she just be dirty? 19 is a small amount of eggs for a veiled. How old is she?

Quite often they will maintain there non-receptive dark background coloration for a while after laying the eggs...so if she is eating, drinking and otherwise acting normally, she should be okay.

Can you post a picture?

What kind of dirt did you have in her laying bin? Could she just be dirty? 19 is a small amount of eggs for a veiled. How old is she?

I have had her 6 months now and the man i got her from thought she was around 2-2 and a half years old (i had a feeling he didn't really know for sure!) In her laying bin i had 3 quarters play sand and 1 quarter soil but i am sure she is not just dirty as she has displayed her usual greens but has spent the majority of the time darker than i have ever seen her since i've had her(plus i gave her a warm shower the morning after she laid)....thanks for the reply

Quite often they will maintain there non-receptive dark background coloration for a while after laying the eggs...so if she is eating, drinking and otherwise acting normally, she should be okay.

Can you post a picture?

Sorry lights out for the night now but i will get one in the morning after she warms up (if she is still dark!fingers crossed...not!)

Back
Top Bottom