Dallas Area Reptile Shows

Damian

I went to a reptile show like 2 weeks ago in arlington which is well right outside dallas in the metroplex and well the show was bad. Nothing, not even supplies made me want to spend money I was really shocked ! Right now I'm even in the market for a new pair of chams and misters for my 2 setups. The hunt continues i guess. We need some of the sponsors to know there is a bigger market than they think here ! Speak Up DFW!

I went to a reptile show like 2 weeks ago in arlington which is well right outside dallas in the metroplex and well the show was bad. Nothing, not even supplies made me want to spend money I was really shocked ! Right now I'm even in the market for a new pair of chams and misters for my 2 setups. The hunt continues i guess. We need some of the sponsors to know there is a bigger market than they think here ! Speak Up DFW!

I did not go because I'd heard it was not all that! Too bad cause there are a lot of cham owners, breeders in the DFW vicinity. They need to step up to the plate and present more! :rolleyes:

I would also like to know what the best show is in the Dallas area for chameleon enthusiasts.

I have vended a few times at the Arlington lone star reptile expo its only good when me AKA sublimeexotics vends or reptoman aka crazy eye chams does lol. We both vend at the larger Arlington show the NARBC but I am going to be talking to reptoman soon about partnering up and vending at the lone star reptile expo together when we have babies for sale and rear imports in. The problem I have had in the past with these smaller shows and the main reason for me not doing them so much is impulse buys. I like for my chams to go to well educated owners or people that have done there research . the last time I vended at the small Arlington show I at least got ask 20 what kind of tank does the cham live in and then the individuals go on to say that they just die fast and are to hard to take care of. So I stoped for a while and soon will start vending again but while I have not been vending I have been passing around cham care sheets we wrote on freereptilecaresheet.com and I have a lot of good vender buddies that print and give away the sheets as well . So I am hopping with what me and the other venders have done with spreading the word of proper care we can make a difference and this next time around I can be a permanent vendor at these shows with some better educated buyer's.

I vended at the Lone Star show and the one hot show in San Antonio last year with decent success. I enjoy informing people about their care- I make sure people have experience or at least are willing to learn from me at the show. I also provide detailed info, my email for questions, and a referral to these forums. I try to ensure that as much of the right set up is purchased at the show as possible also. I have received several pics of my babies all grown up and it makes me feel really good to see people's success. Other than Brian, Lee, and Patrick from colorful creatures I don't know anyone who vends captive chams at these shows.

As far as the show in Arlington, in general- it has its ups and downs. Too many bps IMO, I don't deal with them at all tho so that's just me. Sometimes you find a few gems, some rare lizard sp or for me some atb and the rest of the time it's very...run of the mill? The promoters are very nice people tho so I will continue to support the local community by coming out. NARBC is great, but twice a year just isn't enough to hold me over- I'm a show junkie I guess.

Caitlin
Canopy Creations

Back
Top Bottom