Cutting Plexiglass

Chill

Does anyone have any tips, expierences, tricks to cutting plexiglass?? I've been trying now for almost half an hour and I've broken it once and only cut a little bit. I tried the score and snap method but i dont know if i was doing it right. When i was cutting it i used a hack saw but i had to go very slow.

please any help would be great,

thanks,

-Chill

Yes you can cut that with a table saw or you can use a skill saw. Raise the depth of the blade and put it on a flat surface with a piece of wood underneath. Good Luck.

i use a heavy duty razor knife, make a line, and cut a groove over and over with the knife... it doesn't take long before the groove is deep enough to make a clean break when you bend it.

Hey Chris - neighbor here ;)

depending on size of cuts you can put tape (painters, drafting, low adhesive) over where you are going to cut to keep from splitting. I get pieces cut from Granite State Glass and keep the adhesive paper on it then drill holes or make any additional cuts that I need - works great. I make covers for my tanks and thinking of doing something for Cy's cage. Hey, we should visit sometime and check out each other's setups. I saw the Jacksons at the store one day, you weren't in, there was another :eek: Chris there.

lele

Back
Top Bottom