feeder run cups

yungzerk

Avid Member
Hello! I've had a feeder run cup (homemade) in my cage for about a week and a half and for whatever reason todo still doesn't see the cup as a food source and instead enjoys hunting the food around the cage, I know this isn't a huge problem but does anyone have any tips or tricks to get my cham to see the feeder run cup as his food source? Anything helps🥰

IMG_2683.jpeg

Id mabye consider making a smaller one out of a half gallon milk jug. You might also consider placing closer to the basking spot so your cham can see the bugs easier?

@Beman any suggestions?
okay ill try both of these! I was also considering just buying one from online but i wasnt sure if itd be a waste of money cause he hasnt eaten a single one from the feeder yet, ive had more success cup feeding lol

I’m a fan of the shooting gallery style feeding station. While I’ve bought several, I’ve also made a couple and it’s super easy. The hard part is finding a decent plastic food container to use. Some frozen meals come in a white plastic tray and that would work well. Cut out the hole, sand the sharpness off the edges. I also applied a thin bead of hot glue where a little foot might rest. Attached with some push pins and used cut up pencil eraser to cover the ends of the pins. Make sure there’s a good branch or vine in front so the cham can get close/in front of.
IMG_5621.jpeg IMG_5620.jpeg

I’m a fan of the shooting gallery style feeding station. While I’ve bought several, I’ve also made a couple and it’s super easy. The hard part is finding a decent plastic food container to use. Some frozen meals come in a white plastic tray and that would work well. Cut out the hole, sand the sharpness off the edges. I also applied a thin bead of hot glue where a little foot might rest. Attached with some push pins and used cut up pencil eraser to cover the ends of the pins. Make sure there’s a good branch or vine in front so the cham can get close/in front of.
View attachment 350869View attachment 350870
i’ll give this a try! thank you so much🥰

Back
Top Bottom