critisizing my chams are you?

chameleongirl2

Has anyone ever been called "weirdo" or "lizard girl/boy" because you have a strange curiosity/love for reptiles? i know i have, people find reptiles ugly, rough and in some cases even "slimy" creatures which are not apealing to the eye! they all say they are just a waste of time, while they have what i could call "ugly furry balls of wreck" (dogs). i could say they lick everything and pee everywhere with no manners, and smells odd places! i could say all they do is eat sleep and bark all the time! i could say their fur ends up everywhere and that they make your house look like a wreck! obviously i dont feel this way about any creature, and find it extremly rude, no matter how ugly they seem... on the outside. i find chameleons apealing to the eye, with amazing eyes, tounge and the amazing ability to change colour for light, mood and temperature (not camauflage). seriously who cares what your passion is? no one can go threw life without being judged for who they truly are! no wonder people pretend to be someone they are not! they'll just get critisized! i on the other hand dont care what other people like or how much they judge me, because they've got the meghan story ALL wrong. at school im lizard girl who has no life and is a nerd (just cuz of my grades)! im not going to let my grades fall to become that idiot in the corner while i could be making the world a better place!! my friends are amazing people they tell me rumors which go around (when they are about me) and dont help spread them! at school im head girl (the president of elemtry), that gives me power and all teachers love me!! whats not ABSOLUTLY AMAZING about life, when you dont let people judge you? nothing. i help myself by taking yoga classes which realaxe me.

i know im not the only person who feels this way...

trust me your not alone. I use to get called the lizard lady all the time. tere is nothing wrong with loving animals or doing good in school. this forum is proof of that.

trust me your not alone. I use to get called the lizard lady all the time. tere is nothing wrong with loving animals or doing good in school. this forum is proof of that.

i find so too, and i only know about that name from experience.. im called it offen, but when i am.. its personal, and its hard not to say mean things back.. but i hold myself back because i think of the bads things which could happen.... so i dont!!! yes this forums is for repile lovers and there is no critisizing here.. just us lovers <3

Just last week I was telling my coworkers about Tobias and how curious of an animal he is. they all looked at me like i was crazy!

OMG yes!

Just before Christmas my friend and her mother came to my house and my friend was aware I kept chams and other reptiles and didn't mind, unlike her mother. Her mother came in and sat down and she looked around at the cages and tanks, rather stuck up kind of look and goes to me "I wouldn't keep these THINGS in my house" I didn't say anything back but my friend say the expression on my face by her comment. I thought if you don't like what I keep as pets, keep your damn comments to yourself, I think its rather rude to make those kind of comments in someone else's home.

I own quite a few animals not just chameleons but bearded dragons, water dragons ... and the list goe on and on.. my house is referred to by my friends as being like a pet store only better. it really bugs me when people cant keep their opinions to them self about our reptiles. just because you dont share my love for animals doesnt mean that you need to be judgemental. Luckly we all have family and friends who support our lives and having little creatures hanging out in them.

OMG yes!

Just before Christmas my friend and her mother came to my house and my friend was aware I kept chams and other reptiles and didn't mind, unlike her mother. Her mother came in and sat down and she looked around at the cages and tanks, rather stuck up kind of look and goes to me "I wouldn't keep these THINGS in my house" I didn't say anything back but my friend say the expression on my face by her comment. I thought if you don't like what I keep as pets, keep your damn comments to yourself, I think its rather rude to make those kind of comments in someone else's home.

i feel the same way!! i wont even say my grandmothers reaction to "i got a new bearded dragon for christmas!" all ill say is she is discusted to come in my room, and when she did, she thought it was rather "unhealthy to HOARD such dreadful creatures which do no good to human life" if they can criticize our chams.. we could say the same things about their cats.. but no we have to b POLITE and keep our damn mouth shut!! my mum was not on the same page, my mum was really not abored to my idea of getting a cham but after i did, she loved them because she no choice but to give them a chance!! and now she loves them

Also my grandfather who I no longer have contact with because he's a d*ck basically thinks anyone who keeps lizards and other reptiles is cruel and should be free and a "proper" pet is a dog or other domestic animal.

i feel the same way!! i wont even say my grandmothers reaction to "i ot a new bearded dragon for christmas!" all ill say is she is discusted to come in my room, and when she did, she thought it was rather "unhealthy to HOARD such dreadful creatures which do no good to human life" if they can criticize our chams.. we could say the same things about their cats.. but no we have to b POLITE and keep our damn mouth shut!!

:( I think its worse when its a family member. She doesn't like them which is fine but they make you happy so she should be happy for you

i do too, especially when they blame you for having a hobby.. hell i could say shes a crazy cat lady and she would get all mad.... but noooo im polite and just dont reply to avoid further fights!! im happy for her when she gets new cats, i have 2 reptiles and many other pets but its the rats and the reptiles that really bug her... she has like 6 cats.. but i dont say she hoards them, she takes great care of them to be honest!!!

Our house is referred to by others as the lizard house. Not in a bad way though. I do not have problems getting criticized by others. I sometimes get funny looks but when I show pictures people find them awesome looking. Only comment someone ever says is, what is the point of having them because they don't do much but too me that is the point and when they do, the owners are the lucky ones to see what they can do. :D Oh an I have two dogs and I love them. Nothing wrong with having "furry wrecks". ;)

I take any names with lizard as a complement! I am proud to be a reptile and animal lover. And since I show how proud I am to be one in high school, no one bothers me and respects me!

I am on the other end of being called "the lizard lady". I have taken reptiles to lots of the schools, had more people than I can count come to my home to see my reptiles and I love it. Kids run up to me in walmart and say you are the lizard lady. I smile and tell them yes I am. They may not remember my name but they all remember my animals.
A funny story. When I first moved to this town, of less than 10,000 people, 4 1/2 years ago, I joined the local Quilt group as I love to quilt. The second meeting I was ask about my chameleons. One prissy lady said & I quote "I am never coming to your home as long as you have reptiles". Without even thinking about it, I replied, What makes you think you would ever be invited? Now fast forward, her 11 year old grandson is dying to see my reptiles. She finally broke down and ask if she could bring him over. I was very nice and just said sure. Now if I just don't gloat when she shows up.:D

I'm quite lucky that a lot of my friends seem to like reptiles, most really hate bugs though so they get a bit creeped out when I'm handling cockroaches/locusts like they're a separate pet (I love all animals).

But yeah I could totally see people being creeped out by reptiles... But Chameleons? I find Chameleons to be very popular with people. Most people seem to just hate snakes and various other lizard species (The more pest-like ones) but I very rarely see people dislike Chams. They're a sort of wise persons pet, I've always seen them as one of the most interesting pets a person could own.

lol me too! i love dogs, but i have a cat so no dogs in this house lol, but of coarse i wouldent say that bout dogs.. it was an example.. my favorite type is a germain sheperd (please exuse my poor spelling of it), probibly because my friends have them!! they are not furry wrecks and certainly dont pee everywhere.. unless they are VERY untrained... or some have certain diseases.. or just really cant hold it in anymore!! im not trying to affend dog owners at all!! but just imagine the feeling of people making fun of your dogs like that.. i certainly want to give them a personal butt kick!!

sorry if i did affend you!! i really didnt mean too!!

OMG yes!

Yep, Thats a big pain in the @ss, i hate it when people judge animals they never give a chance, its totally BS. Thats where i will end that before i start to rant.

LOL! i wish i was like that!! whenever im at school... people talk to me about them seeminly discusted.. but national geographic loves me! i do photo contest, get alll there magazines almanacs and write articles for them (just to read and hopefulyl enjoy) but whenever my friend and neighbors come to my house... some are rude but the others are nice and eager to see me handle them, ive also encoraged FIVE of my friends to beg their parents for either a bearded dragon or a chameleon.. even though they say "no", im continuing to encourage others that loving all animals is not a bad thing! infact, i became quite popular as nothing bad for MY fundraiser at school for polar bears! but many peoples opinions about reptiles will never change, and my name still remains "lizard girl" but i really dont care!! its actually pleasing! i love that name! because i am lizard girl!!! but those who say it in a bad way.. they crosss the line!!

hate me? fine. judge me? fine. criticize my way of life? fine then, be that d!ck you are! insult my chams? ok now you've crossed the line you a*s hole!!
give em a chance!

you can love me or hate me, it wont make me or break me.. so back of would ya?

Back
Top Bottom