Crickets

Katrinaa

How does everyone feed crickets to their Chams? I'm afraid mine may just drown:( I'm cup feeding her worms but my supplier was out of crickets. Will be getting some this week and just not sure how to feed them.

What would they drown in? You shouldn't have any standing water in the cage.

If you mean they will drown in the cup you are using to feed them if it gets wet, than just cut the bottom of the cup out and replace it with screen so the water can run right through.

To answer your question, I don't cup feed any of the chameleons. I just dump in the crickets and they hunt them down.

I have an exto terra so no drainage. I soak up the water at the bottom every time it starts to build. I won't be getting my custom one until the spring.

I mix and match. Depends on my schedule for the day. I cup feed in the morning since I then go to work so I can monitor how much they eat. Then once I'm home for the day I free range.

I second what NHenn said. There should be no standing water in your cage....maybe you can adjust your spray times and durations to minimize the amount of water on the bottom.

Also if your worried about them drowning in the cup. Do as Nick said and either drill holes in the bottom or cut it out and hot glue some mesh to the bottom.

Perfect and thank you! I spray by hand so i wait a couple mines for it to drip then clean it up! So excited to build a custom terrarium so I won't have to do this anymore!! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom