Cricket chirps

So, just sent from "small" crickets to "large" crickets for my veiled cham Chuckie-Boo (my 2.5 year old named him). The best surprise I got from the large crickets? The chirping sounds at night. I finally got the country life in my NYC apartment ! Anyway, just wanted to share.

Ironically, I live in the country and my girlfriend has a hard time sleeping when there is chirping of crickets lol

.....and that's just one of the reasons why I switched to roaches.

Lol.

the others included finding crickets in my shower, my dresser, my purse... ;)

They don't bother me.... But then again, I sleep with a chainsaw that sounds like it's dying. So to tune him out, I wear ear plugs, have a pedestal fan going, and white noise.
So I don't hear anything, except for the chainsaw when it's having a bad night. ;)

They don't bother me.... But then again, I sleep with a chainsaw that sounds like it's dying. So to tune him out, I wear ear plugs, have a pedestal fan going, and white noise.
So I don't hear anything, except for the chainsaw when it's having a bad night. ;)

Your man snores too!?

Haha, I also sleep with earplugs because my husband snores.

I also usually have to play Pandora until I fall asleep.

It's even worse right now because he's really sick with a head cold. so the snoring is soooo much worse.

I even considered sleeping in our guest room for a bit, but realized I like my bed soo much better than my guest bed. lol

Your man snores too!?

Haha, I also sleep with earplugs because my husband snores.

I also usually have to play Pandora until I fall asleep.

It's even worse right now because he's really sick with a head cold. so the snoring is soooo much worse.

I even considered sleeping in our guest room for a bit, but realized I like my bed soo much better than my guest bed. lol

He's developing apnea, and like a typical man, won't do anything about it. No matter how much I gripe and tell him how bad it is for his health. :rolleyes: but I'm a light sleeper, and have sensitive hearing.... He says I can hear a gnat fart 100 yards away... Hehehehe :cool:

And I'm with you on the whole guest bed thing..... Crappy bed vs my fluffy comfy bed....

He's developing apnea, and like a typical man, won't do anything about it. No matter how much I gripe and tell him how bad it is for his health. :rolleyes: but I'm a light sleeper, and have sensitive hearing.... He says I can hear a gnat fart 100 yards away... Hehehehe :cool:

And I'm with you on the whole guest bed thing..... Crappy bed vs my fluffy comfy bed....

mines the same way, im pretty sure he has it, but he doesn't do doctors..

geed darn male crickets. I HATE UM!!!!! and of course, i'll feed a dozen or so in the morning, and Luke will eat 11, leaving ONE DARN MALE. And then it seems just 5 mins after I fall asleep, the ONE DARN MALE decides to let the world know he's a MAN!!!!!! chirp freagin chirp, and there I am with flashlight in hand figuring out where he's hiding. I too love my discoids. One I now container feed, two no stink, and three NO NOISE. :cool:

I love the sound of the crickets chirp. I don't even mind when they get out as long as they chirp their lullaby.

Xraygirl and Camimom you two are killing me...I am a respiratory therapist and there is a lot of noncompliance with cpaps. However, I work with a RT that got the mouth piece that helps with obstruction. He's been doing our job for a long time and is highly respected. He absolutely will not do machines. If you guys want more info I can get it this weekend. It's pretty much like going to the dentist. They may not like drs but if they go to the dentist then they may tolerate this. Sorry, couldn't help myself :eek:

Oh and P.S. I work nights so I constantly have to deal with the Pts and machines.

I love the sound of the crickets chirp. I don't even mind when they get out as long as they chirp their lullaby.

Xraygirl and Camimom you two are killing me...I am a respiratory therapist and there is a lot of noncompliance with cpaps. However, I work with a RT that got the mouth piece that helps with obstruction. He's been doing our job for a long time and is highly respected. He absolutely will not do machines. If you guys want more info I can get it this weekend. It's pretty much like going to the dentist. They may not like drs but if they go to the dentist then they may tolerate this. Sorry, couldn't help myself :eek:

Oh and P.S. I work nights so I constantly have to deal with the Pts and machines.

Heh he doesn't do dentists much either. cuz hes a jerk.

The only doctor he has ever seen on a regular basis is his oncologist.

A pillow over his face works for now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom