crawling at the top of cage

Rocco13

so i’ve recently upgraded my chameleons cage to a 24x24x48 and she’s stayed in the back behind foliage which is to be expected i imagine since they need to adjust to it but i’ve seen that she’s crawling to the top of the cage at night and i’m a bit confused as of why.

Is she crawling on the screen? After the first few days adjusting to her new renovation she should be back to her normal self, if still screen climbing there may be something off in her enclosure. Theres info on screen climbing in the chameleon health section of CaskAbove.com and I’ll add a pic for you. A husbandry form would be the best way to find out if your setup is all good. Hope this helps ☺️

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Attachments

• 96272EC3-70D4-44E2-B933-BDBE74FB3B3A.png
    96272EC3-70D4-44E2-B933-BDBE74FB3B3A.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 49
Oh btw, if she’s climbing on the top screen you may want to raise your lighting to prevent any burns if it’s sitting on top of the cage, at least until this activity stops, and for appropriate uvb levels you may also need to raise the basking branch if permanently raising the lights.

so i’ve recently upgraded my chameleons cage to a 24x24x48 and she’s stayed in the back behind foliage which is to be expected i imagine since they need to adjust to it but i’ve seen that she’s crawling to the top of the cage at night and i’m a bit confused as of why.
How old, and how are the misting nozzles aimed? Some young'ns like to use the ceiling as a quick(er) way to traverse the enclosure until they figure things out. Some also try to find places to avoid being directly misted, or far enough that the mist has lost most of its force.

Mine uses a sleeping spot for a week or so, then explores some more & tries another one for a time. :)

Back
Top Bottom