Crashed.

Lenny and Chris sleeping. It took a couple of attempts to get this shot... Lenny is a light sleeper, so as soon as any lights come on she wakes :rolleyes: Lenny is ready to explode with her clutch of eggs... still no interest in the laying bin... still eating... guess shes not ready :eek:

IMG_6410.jpg

Here is one of my earlier attempts... :cool:

IMG_6409.jpg

Wow that is one chubby girl you have there. looks like there may be lots of eggs in your future. Here is hoping but lots of babies. The picture of them sleeping together is so sweet. I ofter wonder why mellers enjoy each others company and most all the other chams seem to need to be loners.

They are beautiful! I do have a question though, you are able to house them together? Is it because of the species? I always thought it was a no no and it was one cham to a cage! Enlighten me here if you will! thanks!!!

They are beautiful! I do have a question though, you are able to house them together? Is it because of the species? I always thought it was a no no and it was one cham to a cage! Enlighten me here if you will! thanks!!!

Melleri are more social than the other species of chameleons. There is a whole social interaction between them all. But not all melleri get along with other melleri, so you can't just buy two and put them together. They need space, barriers to hide behind and different basking areas.

They are amazing. They look so content. I am currently in the planning stage of my next enclosure ( I build my own), which, with any luck, will be the home for a melleri. Gorgeous chams!!

Aww Kevin so sweet!

I love how in the second set of pictures Chris just slept through it while Lenny was throwing the good ole stink eye!

Don't hurt your back when lifting Lenny, remember to lift with your knees and not your back :p ;) lol

Back
Top Bottom