crap crap crap

i forgot to spray it more than beans because after all they don't feel emotions and i hate myself for thinking like that because they still help our ecosystem and they are still living creatures... i wish i could just plant it out where it lives so it could survive by itself. it probably won't bloom because it has one 2 fly traps left and that's not enough for the thing to bloom. its a team effort...

if i don't decide if i want to get it before the reptile expo in may im not getting the gecko... and probably not going to get a gecko in general ever. Ive never really been a fan of reptiles till now, but im fine to go back to mammals like cats and dogs

@rango123veiled I do not know how old you are... But I have a 16 year old daughter and I am going to speak to you as I would her.

Depression is serious. If you are having issues with this then this needs to be the conversation you have with your parents. An animal will not fix or correct depression. It may temporarily give you a high period but then that ends as well. Addressing the actual issues that are causing the depression is the healthier thing to do. In this life you get a lot thrown at you. Learning how to cope and deal with things that happen is a much needed skill that I do not feel is taught enough to our youth. Small things turn into big things. And this in turn effects mental well being. I am sure your parents would be more then happy to get you help to learn coping skills for stress and depression. But ignoring things like this is never healthy or even safe. And developing a pattern of trying to fill the sadness with something rather then working on the real issues will lead to continued disappointment. Because your not actually helping the root cause of the depression.

i know im over exaggerating... but ive given up on my dumb dream of being a vet and i have for a while but this is the cherry on top. Im probably not going to get another animal for a while if not ever because of the stress of their death and the stress of taking care of them
Honey don't get super down. A chameleon is a hard animal to take care of. If you really want something that is semi low maintenance try getting a beta. They will live for a couple of years and they are super easy. If you want to know about a betta I'll be more than happy to help you. You just have to promise that you will stay dedicated to your fish. It's all about looking inside yourself and knowing that little thing is relying on you no matter how crappy your days are they still need you. Always follow your dreams if things were easy you wouldn't be learning. Push your self to know more and to be better for your future animals.

I’m a little surprised this is still going
They are young. They are upset that they have failed let them reach out so they can do some more work to have happy animals. Don't put them down we all make mistakes some are just bigger than others but they deserve the right to learn from said mistakes.

Honey don't get super down. A chameleon is a hard animal to take care of. If you really want something that is semi low maintenance try getting a beta. They will live for a couple of years and they are super easy. If you want to know about a betta I'll be more than happy to help you. You just have to promise that you will stay dedicated to your fish. It's all about looking inside yourself and knowing that little thing is relying on you no matter how crappy your days are they still need you. Always follow your dreams if things were easy you wouldn't be learning. Push your self to know more and to be better for your future animals.
ik that betas are easy it's just that if i fail again i'm never going to forgive myself so i want to make sure the next thing i take care of does not die but i also don't want anything to die so i'd rather not do any research and get no animal because even if i do the research and do things right i don't want it to somehow die and feel like im such a bad person i also dont want to make it suffer like beans... i probably should have mentioned this to, i have adhd so any animal, i will handle. it just feels right, so if there is an animal that does not like being held don't tell me to get it

ik that betas are easy it's just that if i fail again i'm never going to forgive myself so i want to make sure the next thing i take care of does not die but i also don't want anything to die so i'd rather not do any research and get no animal because even if i do the research and do things right i don't want it to somehow die and feel like im such a bad person i also dont want to make it suffer like beans... i probably should have mentioned this to, i have adhd so any animal, i will handle. it just feels right, so if there is an animal that does not like being held don't tell me to get it
Rats....sounds like you need a pet rat!

Honey you have to understand that's life things die and Sometimes it's out of our control but as pet parents we do the best we can to take care of our little ones keeping that in mind you need to do more research so you can prevent stuff like this from happening that's the whole point of it. And also realise that every animal has its own emotions and sometimes they dont want to be bothered.

I had them as a kid because my siblings and I had to pay for own pets even when we were little. They’re much cheaper than guinea pigs (which was what we wanted at the time) and are so social and cuddly and great (if you can get past their tails)!
oh i can get past how any animal looks. btw i pay for the chameleon too however that's not why they had problems, that's all me. my dad never took care of him unless things were severe and i only ever did not pay if it was allot of money, like if it was 100 dollars to just get a couple of decorations

I had them as a kid because my siblings and I had to pay for own pets even when we were little. They’re much cheaper than guinea pigs (which was what we wanted at the time) and are so social and cuddly and great (if you can get past their tails)!
I used to have them as a kid too. They're so hardy compared to other animals, like chameleons.
My daughter has 2 rats right now. They're the cutest little things ever, and so smart.
20210127_151747.jpg

Honey you have to understand that's life things die and Sometimes it's out of our control but as pet parents we do the best we can to take care of our little ones keeping that in mind you need to do more research so you can prevent stuff like this from happening that's the whole point of it. And also realise that every animal has its own emotions and sometimes they dont want to be bothered.
the thing is i never stopped researching chameleons. I always looked up why they were doing something and i occasionally like thrice a week looked at their basic care. And if i could not find the information i wanted or things were as severe as this but i wanted to make sure how severe, i went on here

I used to have them as a kid too. They're so hardy compared to other animals, like chameleons.
My daughter has 2 rats right now. They're the cutest little things ever, and so smart.
View attachment 292117
THEY‘RE SO CUTE, I’M IN LOVE! 🥰🥰 I loved mine so much, and with having them, all of my friends and their parents and everyone saw how cute and adorable and social they are once they got past the tail (which never bothered me anyway)! I subscribed to a rats as pets magazine when I had them and built agility courses for them and everything! The dumbo-eared ones are my favorite!

Back
Top Bottom