crap crap crap

Pictures are great and could you fill this out!

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful
chameleon-ambilobe panther chameleon, its around 4 months, and its been in my care for what is almost a month
lighting-two repti zoo lights, a long uvb one and a dome heat lamp, i turn one light off at around 6 or 7 and then the next one of at 8. I have 2 uvb lights with one being a dome above his basking spot but if it gets to hot a turn that one off and turn on the one thats not directly above the branch
humidity and temperature-i measure with a dial temp gauge that i'm changing soon because it sucks, it says the ambient temp is 80 and thats while its at the top of the cage so my guess is at the bottom it ranges anywhere from 70 to 75, while the middle goes from 75 to 80 and the the top is around 80 to 83
humidity-my humidity gauge is broken so i cant tell but i spray the cage 3 times a day and sometimes 4.
plants-yes im using small areas with plastic but the main attraction is the giant plant in the middle. I don't remember what kind but i know it's some kind of fig plant
cage-my cage is standing on a table in the corner of my room, it is 1 and a half feet of the ground and is not next to any fans or air vents, i also live in a neighbourhood near zero traffic. i have pics but i dont have any of beans today so you might need to wait a little.

my location is in north carolina

Last edited:
chameleon-ambilobe panther chameleon, its around 4 months, and its been in my care for what is almost a month
lighting-two repti zoo lights, a long uvb one and a dome heat lamp, i turn one light off at around 6 or 7 and then the next one of at 8. I have 2 uvb lights with one being a dome above his basking spot but if it gets to hot a turn that one off and turn on the one thats not directly above the branch
humidity and temperature-i measure with a dial temp gauge that i'm changing soon because it sucks, it says the ambient temp is 80 and thats while its at the top of the cage so my guess is at the bottom it ranges anywhere from 70 to 75, while the middle goes from 75 to 80 and the the top is around 80 to 83
humidity-my humidity gauge is broken so i cant tell but i spray the cage 3 times a day and sometimes 4.
plants-yes im using small areas with plastic but the main attraction is the giant plant in the middle. I don't remember what kind but i know it's some kind of fig plant
cage-my cage is standing on a table in the corner of my room, it is 1 and a half feet of the ground and is not next to any fans or air vents, i also live in a neighbourhood near zero traffic. i have pics but i dont have any of beans today so you might need to wait a little.

It may take a while for someone to review your husbandry since I know ERKlerose is reviewing someone else’s at the moment. But someone else might chime in! I’m not an expert so I don’t want to review your case since it sounds more severe :(

What supplements are you using and what is the schedule? What are you feeding, how often and what are you feeding the feeders?
im using some zoo med calcium 2 times a week and some vitamins occasionally, at the moment he does not get this stuff because he wont eat food but i am giving him a food mixture. And yes it has everything he needs, if it does not we give him a shot of calcium

oh right! pictures, there is a new vine in there so it has a little more than what u see in that picture
IMG_0291.jpg

he has been have problems like these for a while but now they are all of a sudden getting much worse, he has gone to the vet and is getting a food mixture that is better for sick animals. Hes looking very weak so im thinking of the worst, he is completely black from the stress of falling, he was fine before that.

This makes me sad. This means he has been hiding it till he could not anymore. Some may not like this, but given what you describe his odds are very low. I am sorry. If you have been to a vet and following instructions there is little more you can do at this point. Something had to be missed, but it is likely to late now. If you have another visit be prepared to ask tough questions. If he is suffering and is not going to get better the vet can help with this, though it may not be what we want. It is hard. I have cried at many vets by this age.

thats not real but i thought he needed something else so i just had something spare i had, i will get more branches veryyyyyyy soon (if he makes it)
If it’s not real take it out only real bamboo is ok or so I’ve heard since I don’t use it. The odds are not on his sides unfortunately :( chameleons hide their suffering so like @CasqueAbove said he’s probably been hurting for a while and has given up now 😢

Just from the image of his cage, he needs TONS more foliage to hide in, vines, and branches that are a much smaller diameter to begin with! If/when he pulls through, we can go over your husbandry then (make sure to fill out all categories with as much detail as possible and include pics of him). Is his food dish on the floor? Have you read through all modules and the panther species profile on The Chameleon Academy yet? Or any of their podcasts?

that stuff is food he wont spit out, and the reason hes in the carrier is because im nervous he will fall in his real cage

Just from the image of his cage, he needs TONS more foliage to hide in, vines, and branches that are a much smaller diameter to begin with! If/when he pulls through, we can go over your husbandry then (make sure to fill out all categories with as much detail as possible and include pics of him). Is his food dish on the floor? Have you read through all modules and the panther species profile on The Chameleon Academy yet? Or any of their podcasts?
ive red of their species but its not from chameleon academy

Yeesh...not sure what to tell you to do. Make sure he’s got some sticks to cling to in the hospital bin you’re using and give him some privacy. Maybe that will help. I honestly don’t know.

Back
Top Bottom