Cpu fan with terrarium

Cali Reaper

I have decided to make beatiful terrerium out of a TV cabinate and half way done, I have made some drills on top. One was for basking ligh, the other for UV and the other little one by mistake. I have been a delema to use the little hole for a CPU fan, but not sure to blow air in or out. I would like to get all of your opinions since I know most of you have done this before. What is your outcome, experience or what do you know about having a 25mm fan build on it. Just FYI the 25 mm man would use a 6v.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 224
I have decided to make beatiful terrerium out of a TV cabinate and half way done, I have made some drills on top. One was for basking ligh, the other for UV and the other little one by mistake. I have been a delema to use the little hole for a CPU fan, but not sure to blow air in or out. I would like to get all of your opinions since I know most of you have done this before. What is your outcome, experience or what do you know about having a 25mm fan build on it. Just FYI the 25 mm man would use a 6v.

I meant a PC fan

I would probably use it to pull air out if I was going to use one. Depends on the humidity, temp, etc. Maybe get one of those interval timers and have it turn on for a little bit after misting. Make sure it doesn' bother the cham as well. I know they aren't fans(pun..) of air blowing on them.

I would probably use it to pull air out if I was going to use one. Depends on the humidity, temp, etc. Maybe get one of those interval timers and have it turn on for a little bit after misting. Make sure it doesn' bother the cham as well. I know they aren't fans(pun..) of air blowing on them.

I wanted to use it so it can cool of the cage when temp gets over 80 degress, I live in California and I have a King mist system that has automated for 5 mist a day of 1 minute each. I want to maintain a temperature no more than 80 degress as I have seen my chameleons open its mouth when it gets 80 degrees.

Yeah i was having temperature problems as well. I'd consider getting an A.C. unit rather than a fan. I wouldn't want to blow air directly into my cage.

The idea is to lower the ambient room temperature, not blow the air directly into the cage.

If I dont have an AC unit so I can have the mini fan to blow out the warmth from the ambient, correct? I mean having the fan facing the opposit direction to blow it out.

I used pc fans in my dartfrog vivs all the time. I used them to pull air out.

This issue is one of the reasons why I made this:
full

full

You don't want to blow air in, but suck air out. The key is to have proper ventilation in your design, meaning you have to be able to get air in thru the lower part of the enclosure. The fan on top then sucks out the warm air and and exchange it for fresh air from below. However, if your room is 80 degrees, you can't expect to cool the terrarium without first lowering the room temp. Otherwise all you will do is circulate fresh air (which isn't bad) but defeats your purpose of lowering the temp.

This issue is one of the reasons why I made this:
full

full

You don't want to blow air in, but suck air out. The key is to have proper ventilation in your design, meaning you have to be able to get air in thru the lower part of the enclosure. The fan on top then sucks out the warm air and and exchange it for fresh air from below. However, if your room is 80 degrees, you can't expect to cool the terrarium without first lowering the room temp. Otherwise all you will do is circulate fresh air (which isn't bad) but defeats your purpose of lowering the temp.

I like the auto set for the temp/humidity, but my humidity is the problems so that would not work. It would be more of the temperature on the basking light, that will be more helpful. where did you get that device?

I like the auto set for the temp/humidity, but my humidity is the problems so that would not work. It would be more of the temperature on the basking light, that will be more helpful. where did you get that device?

Why would it not work? I have it set for dehumidify, so when the terrarium get too humid, it turns on a fan to generate airflow to draw out the humid air. Once it get to the safe spot, the fans go off. I can also have it control a dehumidifier on the enclosure or any combination of things.

Where did I get it? I made it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom