Could use poop help!

Are you bothering her all the time? Letting her see you watching her? You should leave her alone as much as possible while she is dropping the don't want to add to her stress.

I have what I thought was a Male Jacksons chameleon...that passed 4 slugs over the past two days; this may sound like a dumb question, but is it possible for males to drop slugs...?

Wow learnt something new they pass slugs why is this because they eat them. I'm so sorry for you loss.
EDIT: I though it meant actual slugs now I know it's not that.

Last edited:
ummm no... Females pass the slugs. You have a girl, surprise! lol
Well, are females know to joust?

While doing a thorough cleaning of my two enclosures, I placed the male and the other one (the one that passed the slugs who I thought was a male) both on the same branch and they started jousting each other....

Well, are females know to joust?

While doing a thorough cleaning of my two enclosures, I placed the male and the other one (the one that passed the slugs who I thought was a male) both on the same branch and they started jousting each other....
You might consider starting your own thread since this thread was someone else's and their cham passed away. Then people that know Jackson's can give you detailed info. But Males do not pass slugs at all. That is what females do. I am guessing the female was not receptive to the male and this was what you were seeing. But again I have no hands on experience with Jackson's and do not know their exact mating behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom