confused panther chameleon owner

Audiboi08

I have an Ambilobe Panther Chameleon that has been with me for 16 days... I may over myst and over drip and end up with puddles on the bottom of the cage that i have to use diapers to soak up...I am not sure if hes eating or not... I may be giving him crickets that are too large but he wouldnt eat the small ones so i thought why not keep him on the big ones now he doesnt seem interested in the crickets he kind of walks past them in the cage... sometimes the crickets will be on his climbing vine with him and hell just watch them crawl by...Maybe I have the cage too cluttered and the crickets have too many hiding spaces making it difficult to hunt...maybe hes eating and im not noticing

if the crickets are bigger than the chameleosn head, then they are too big. have you tried cup feeding? a drainage system might be your best way out of the puddle situation. do a quick search for drainage for some more info.

Let the cage dry between misting, put live plants in there to soak up the excess water, feed him crickets that are no longer and the width between his eyes. I had similar problems with free range feeding until I took out a bunch of fake vines and sticks. Now there's one plant in my enclosure and he seems to be hunting more easily.

Back
Top Bottom