Concise bio-active how-to video

Awesome video! I learned a lot. How can you do that in a reptibreeze cage since itā€™s screen? Seems like the soil and springtails would come through the screen.

They look great! So the 35 gal one fit the bottom of the 2x2x4 reptibreeze? Do they still drain the water from the misting okay? Did you plant all your plants in it other than the hanging ones?
Yes, I currently have the 35 gal ones in my girlsā€™ enclosures and they fit almost perfectly. Iā€™ve been using root pouches for just over a year and havenā€™t had any issues. Thy hold up amazingly well, no mold and the brown color just kind of blends in. I have double misting nozzles and mist 3 times a day for 2 minutes and then a couple of times at night for only 15 seconds. I havenā€™t noticed any drainage issues. However, I do use some sort of substrate tray underneath them to prevent leaks if there is any excess drainage. My substrate is about 6-7ā€ deep and I do have to water some of the front plants every now and then where the mister doesnā€™t reach.

Thanks, I asked in another thread as well and someone, it might have been you, suggested a substrate tray but it wouldnā€™t be deep enough I donā€™t think. Itā€™s certainly something to think about.

The issue with fabric bag is leaking. It would be hard to control your water drainage. You could combine the two fabric bag with a substrate tray under it.

Honestly, I would take a different route. I would use corrugated plastic and make a substrate binā€¦this is what Iā€™m doing in the new hawk moth enclosure Iā€™m setting up.

Itā€™s simple to make, you can use 100% silicone caulk to hold everything together. Iā€™ll make a video on how to do it.

They look great! So the 35 gal one fit the bottom of the 2x2x4 reptibreeze? Do they still drain the water from the misting okay? Did you plant all your plants in it other than the hanging ones?

Ooooooh you may have just saved me some time making a bin! Thank you.

I spoke too soonā€¦aka before I clicked the link lol. I still appreciate the information tho. I need something a bit sturdier.

Back
Top Bottom