Concerned about this substance

Hsandovaljr

Established Member
Has anyone ever found something like this in there cage. I woke this morning with this stuff in NEON’s cage.
3EB3C98E-DEDC-4119-A1D7-4929CC3B6574.jpeg

What wood are you using in your cage? Looks very similar to what I experienced with weevils coming out of wood branches. Check branches above for holes in them.

I actually got them at Michaels. Can you recommend something else?
Yep... They are their long willow branches right? Same thing that I had when the weevil came out of mine.

I pulled them all. Honestly I was more afraid of weevils laying eggs in other wood items in my house. Plus it just grossed me out. lol I ended up going with all foraged branches. My neighbor trimmed back huge portions of a large tree. I was not sure what type of tree but it did not produce sap and I knew it was not cedar, pine, or eucalyptus. I scrubbed them outside with dawn and hot water then rinsed the heck out of them. Then put them all out on a table to bake in the sun.

Another way to get branches is calling a local tree trimming company. And a lot of the time they can tell you what type of tree it is.

Or you could just go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy some wooden dowels. They have different diameter sizes. Wood stain them if you don’t like the natural wood color.
I even sanded mine down with coarse sand paper to give them some texture.

Back
Top Bottom