Common garden snails/slugs

Update:

Got my first set of eggs for the season! I guess now that spring is here, their biological clock has been activated. Before, i used to separate the eggs from the adults, because i bought the adults online, and wasn't sure if they had parasites or not. Since it's unlikely, my now adult snails, have parasites since i raised them from eggs, i might just leave the eggs in the adult enclosure.

Update:

Got my first set of eggs for the season! I guess now that spring is here, their biological clock has been activated. Before, i used to separate the eggs from the adults, because i bought the adults online, and wasn't sure if they had parasites or not. Since it's unlikely, my now adult snails, have parasites since i raised them from eggs, i might just leave the eggs in the adult enclosure.

Congrats! It's not hard to raise snails, but it takes such a loooooooooooong time. We do the same - after the first generation of eggs that were painstakingly tweezed from "contaminated" soil, we let the eggs hatch as they are. However, the other snails will dig up and eat the eggs, so if you are trying to boost your colony, you may want to keep separating them.

Eggs! Eggs! Eggs! Went to clean the snail enclosure today and dug up over 100 eggs…they've been busy…and getting busy! ;)

My cham is going to be feasting this summer as it's his favorite food.

This is such a dangerous thread. I love keeping insects, especially those with a purpose, and I see snails as my newest thing... If I can get my baby panther to eat some "cleaned out" WV ones!
Has anyone heard of the TV show "wipeout"? I was I on a Nerds vs Hotties episode a few years back and gave myself the moniker of "The Bugman" as I was raising about a dozen different species for my dart frogs at the time :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom