Come on people..

Markwjr

The feeder database is in serious need of some info. There isnt even any info on crickets. I think it can be a seriously good reference if we can get it up and going.

Mark

LoL... what kind of information do you want? I think that the data base is fine it shows the feeders that are good for your chams (well minus the mealworm) Is there something more that you are wanting to know?

I agree it could be improved. There are many more feeder choices than listed, and newbies may benefit from details on each.

If you have suggestions, add them here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/feeder-db/

Ok that could be true but I know as "newbie" it took me a long time to change feeders from crickets. I didnt even look at that feeder data base I asked questions on here and got a whole lot more info than one would be able to add on the feeder data base..

Ok that could be true but I know as "newbie" it took me a long time to change feeders from crickets. I didnt even look at that feeder data base I asked questions on here and got a whole lot more info than one would be able to add on the feeder data base..

Why do you think you couldnt get everything you heard into a DB? If you can ask and have it answered, it can be listed in the DB. Then, if someone asks before noticing the DB they can just be pointed to the DB, rather than repeatedly answering the same Qs over and over (not the newbies fault, not a complaint, just a efficiency improvement)

Thats what I was thinking. I am a participant in many forums (chameleons, photography, Marine fish, exotic pets, etc.) and I often have started the forum asking the basic questions that have been asked 10000x before. This repetitaveness makes people reluctant to answer you (I havent noticed this here, great people here :) ) and gets them irritated. If there is a single source that gives all info possible on all feeders, then I dont see a downside of it.

Just a thought.
Mark

Why do you think you couldnt get everything you heard into a DB? If you can ask and have it answered, it can be listed in the DB. Then, if someone asks before noticing the DB they can just be pointed to the DB, rather than repeatedly answering the same Qs over and over (not the newbies fault, not a complaint, just a efficiency improvement)

With the DB you only get one answer. With askng you can get so much more info from so many different people. I like how it is and I like asking people on here they are so nice and willing to help and I beleive more than one opinion is better.

Back
Top Bottom