Colors with my Yemen

Cole873

Hello my Yemen is new and he is only expressing these colors white grey light green and once a tiny splotch of yellow but usually he is grey he is a young male so idk if theses are his natural colors any help would be great!!!!!
image.jpg

Some advice or something would be great

I'm new to this as well but grey or dull colors could indicate stress or he could shed soon. My chameleon is much younger but he was grey a lot then after a few days he shed and now he is much greener! As for the stress aspect what does your enclosure look like? Do you have a lot of plants? Also what temperature is the basking spot? I think that can also factor into it. Does he always look like this or has he ever been brighter greens?

Ok ya he has some green and has a mesh cage so I think basking spot is ok at low 90 he is also very active and I'm going to start holding him soon he also likes chin scratches.. Is there any colors I should be worried about seeing?

TY I since he is new I would give him a week to himself in his cage to settle in He may brighten up or not or he could be about to shed also But I would really just stay hands off for a bit to let him settle in

Ok ya he has some green and has a mesh cage so I think basking spot is ok at low 90 he is also very active and I'm going to start holding him soon he also likes chin scratches.. Is there any colors I should be worried about seeing?
He looks healthy to me and your basking temp is good. He probably just looks a little different, some veileds do have browns in them.

TY I since he is new I would give him a week to himself in his cage to settle in He may brighten up or not or he could be about to shed also But I would really just stay hands off for a bit to let him settle in
thats a good Idea, good luck with you cham

Cole,

Not to worry. I've had my veiled for over a year now and for the most part, he looks pretty "average" when hanging out. I've got an album (my pics are not so good) you can check out to see the different colorations he displays. Others here like Jannb and Alexander1 have great shots of their veiled chams and are of spectacular coloration. Just depends on how "fired up" they get when the camera comes out. As they mature you will see more color. In your shot it looks like he is close to shedding. Let us know.

M.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom