Coloration

Toothless the cham

Established Member
My female chameleon Leafa has been having this coloration now for a little while and I'm wondering what it means. Can any of those veiled chameleons experts out there help me with this. As far as I know female chameleons aren't supposed to have stripes and they're supposed to be a solid greenish color unless they are stressed or have other feelings. So what does this coloration mean. 15668552007892125221266121749867.jpg 15668554807237668990735469072961.jpg I think I see some blue in there so maybe she is receptive but I am not entirely sure. Thank you for the help in advance.

Last edited:
How much do you feed her every other day?
Do you have a male? Are you going to breed her?
I feed her about 8-12 super worms every other day. I have a male in the cage beside her. They can't see each other. I will breed when she gets older judgeing she is of 8 months. If the coloration means she will lay soon I will get everything I need ready.

I feed her about 8-12 super worms every other day. I have a male in the cage beside her. They can't see each other. I will breed when she gets older judgeing she is of 8 months. If the coloration means she will lay soon I will get everything I need ready.
Hi, do you feed her any other feeder in addition to super worms? They're better used as an occasional treat than as a staple. Here's a graphic of recommended feeders for your reference so you can get her on a healthier diet so she lives a long happy life.

Attachments

• E4B18F76-62B1-4524-83C1-E3476758D923.jpeg
    E4B18F76-62B1-4524-83C1-E3476758D923.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 105
Hi, do you feed her any other feeder in addition to super worms? They're better used as an occasional treat than as a staple. Here's a graphic of recommended feeders for your reference so you can get her on a healthier diet so she lives a long happy life.
Once I get my dubia roach farm going I will feed her them. I used to feed only crickets but have trouble keeping them alive I will try to start that again. Soon roaches will be the main feeder.

Once I get my dubia roach farm going I will feed her them. I used to feed only crickets but have trouble keeping them alive I will try to start that again. Soon roaches will be the main feeder.
Roaches make great feeders. I have dubia going too and also just started breeding orange heads and hissers. It's funny to say, but orangeheads are cool looking!

YES, but don't worry, they can't fly or even climb. Aren't they beautiful? (yes, I did just say that in reference to ROACHES, lol)

They are really cool. I posted a video to my IG yesterday of BSFL pulling their food into the dirt and just devouring it I though it was so cool -- I got many "eww" messages! When you get into chameleons you also get into bugs!

They are really cool. I posted a video to my IG yesterday of BSFL pulling their food into the dirt and just devouring it I though it was so cool -- I got many "eww" messages! When you get into chameleons you also get into bugs!
Such good composters! I had a whole bunch turn into flies recently, way more then I could feed off so I released them outside. "go pollinate!" and away they flew. It made me happy, not sure why. Lol

Back
Top Bottom