Colin's gymnastic poop?

mychamColin

my cham colin has only been with me almost 2 weeks now hes a couple of months old and his poop is healthy but he does this earobatic balancing act with two legs hanging off a branch while pooping and looks like hes struggling a bit while doing so....is he ok?! or is this a normal thing for a chameleon :eek:

I think that's normal. I've seen mine do it. I'm sure it's supposed to land the poop someplace sufficiently far away from his normal walking path that no predator could follow the trail, or some other similar reason.

Lol! I've seen mine hang one leg and the bum over a vine or branch to poop. It makes me laugh how they always wipe their vent on whatever they are sitting on afterwards! :D Monty always seems to poop on his drip catcher, but Amy is a little less tidy and goes wherever she feels like it!:eek::D

Yeah, that's how most, if not all chams do it. That's how all mine do, it's because they can't wipe or anything and they don't wanna get it all ove rthemselves.

Lol! I've seen mine hang one leg and the bum over a vine or branch to poop. It makes me laugh how they always wipe their vent on whatever they are sitting on afterwards! :D Monty always seems to poop on his drip catcher, but Amy is a little less tidy and goes wherever she feels like it!:eek::D

Mine to the back and forth on the vine to wipe their bum after a poop too. Sometimes they hike their leg... I always thought that was to ease the effort. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom