Closet free range.

KarmaChameleon1337

Avid Member
I'm moving into my sister's room when she moves out in a few months, and I was thinking I might be able to use her closet as a free range? It's about three feet deep, fifteen ish feet long, and ten high.Would I be able to remove the doors and put it entire mesh for the front? I think it'd be AWESOME and it's alot of space.

i dont see why not. that sounds like something i would really like to do. if you had permission you could just cut a whole in the door and put mesh in that even. although, you could just as easily put hinges on plywood and make a door out of that or something similar.

really wish i had more space. we have an extra room in the house but its full of junk. bah!

I hate the current doors, they're pretty much two on each side, and when you open them they fold in, well if I didn't see the cham from the outside what if I folded the door in on him!

i dont have any experience in free range (or much of anything yet) but...

what if you just.. didnt close the doors/have doors on it at all? if you have plants and all that stuff in the closet i dont know why he would bother to leave. a more experienced free ranger could help you there.

or what if you got like.. magnets and put them on the wall and got a shower curtain type thing so you could just use magnets to hold it closed.. no real modifications needed then... or you could make a frame out of wood or pvc and put mesh on it and just ... lean it against the wall. idk? there are tons of options - depending on your parents of course.

My dad and I love to build, even at ten years old I could figure out and suggest usually used by the pro's ways to do things haha, like tearing down walls safetly.

My mom on the other hand doesn't believe anybody can do anything without messing it up.

My dad and I love to build, even at ten years old I could figure out and suggest usually used by the pro's ways to do things haha, like tearing down walls safetly.

My mom on the other hand doesn't believe anybody can do anything without messing it up.

that was something i did exactly, and at about the same age, lol..i say go for it..you will need of course lots more vines, some more lighting, ect ect..but it will be rad, and its a nice way to have a more organized room (no messy cage set up with wires everywhere and lights just sitting on the top..)

i want to see it when its done!!:D

Back
Top Bottom