Closed eyes

camothe

Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, male, 8 months old, had him for almost 3 months
Handling - Never, unless I have to do a full cage cleanout
Feeding - crickets, butter worms, phoenix worms/ black soldier flies, Waxworms
Crickets are always in his cage. Worms go in a dish that he eats out of, the dish has calcium dust in it once a week.
Supplements - using flukers calcium powder with d3 phosphorus free once a week, multivitamin once every 2 months
Watering - I mist him 3 times a day for 5 minutes each. There is a drip system that drips distilled water onto a ficus leaf (rubber tree). I see him drink off of the leaf every day.
Fecal Descriptions - his poop is white liquid with a black lump in the middle. It is runny. He poops about 3 times a day.
History - twice, when he has eaten too many worms, he has pooped out undigested ones.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - It is a mesh cage that is 30 by 16.5 by 48 inches.
Lighting - I use a standard 100 watt house bulb as a basking light. He gets 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness (6 am to 6 pm is light).
Temperature - the temperature range is 70 to 105 degrees. He basks most of the day, except for when he goes to poop, hunt, and drink. I use thermometers.
Humidity - I keep a constant humidity by misting thrice a day. The humidity is 50 at lowest and 80 at highest.
Plants - I use live plants and fake plants. The fake plants is a vine that wraps all over the cage. The live plants are a ficus benjamina that reaches all the way to the top of the cage, and a rubber tree that provides lots of shade and holds water really well in the leaves.
Placement - The cage is in my room. It is not a high traffic area, because only I go in there maybe tree times a day.ni am at school the rest of the time, and I keep my door locked so no one else can get in. The top of the cage is about 5 feet 2 inches off the ground, and I keep a fan on by my bed at the lowest speed.
Location - I am located in a suburb off of the Houston area in Texas.

Current Problem - he keeps one eye closed at a time, and he just sits under his basking light like that during the day. He sleeps normally at night, without being disturbed.

Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, male, 8 months old, had him for almost 3 months
Handling - Never, unless I have to do a full cage cleanout
Feeding - crickets, butter worms, phoenix worms/ black soldier flies, Waxworms
Crickets are always in his cage. Worms go in a dish that he eats out of, the dish has calcium dust in it once a week.
Supplements - using flukers calcium powder with d3 phosphorus free once a week, multivitamin once every 2 months
Watering - I mist him 3 times a day for 5 minutes each. There is a drip system that drips distilled water onto a ficus leaf (rubber tree). I see him drink off of the leaf every day.
Fecal Descriptions - his poop is white liquid with a black lump in the middle. It is runny. He poops about 3 times a day.
History - twice, when he has eaten too many worms, he has pooped out undigested ones.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - It is a mesh cage that is 30 by 16.5 by 48 inches.
Lighting - I use a standard 100 watt house bulb as a basking light. He gets 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness (6 am to 6 pm is light).
Temperature - the temperature range is 70 to 105 degrees. He basks most of the day, except for when he goes to poop, hunt, and drink. I use thermometers.
Humidity - I keep a constant humidity by misting thrice a day. The humidity is 50 at lowest and 80 at highest.
Plants - I use live plants and fake plants. The fake plants is a vine that wraps all over the cage. The live plants are a ficus benjamina that reaches all the way to the top of the cage, and a rubber tree that provides lots of shade and holds water really well in the leaves.
Placement - The cage is in my room. It is not a high traffic area, because only I go in there maybe tree times a day.ni am at school the rest of the time, and I keep my door locked so no one else can get in. The top of the cage is about 5 feet 2 inches off the ground, and I keep a fan on by my bed at the lowest speed.
Location - I am located in a suburb off of the Houston area in Texas.

Current Problem - he keeps one eye closed at a time, and he just sits under his basking light like that during the day. He sleeps normally at night, without being disturbed.
Maybe he's just rinsing out his eye(s). Have you see one bulge out and then get sucked back in before?

I don't know if this is true, and I forgot where I read it, but keeping eyes closed can be a symptom of an upper respiratory infection. The spending allot of time under the basking light is a symptom of an URI. Do you notice any mucus coming out of the nose? any excess mucus in the mouth? wheezing or sneezing?

you stated you have a regular basking bulb. What do you use for UVB?
Also the basking temperature shouldn't be more then 90 F

You should also be giving him calcium without D3 on every feeding.

The black runny white pooh x 3 a day isn't normal. It should be a solid pooh with a white clump of urate on the end of it.

Can you post multiple pictures of your chameleon please.

BTW I'm no expert but I'm hoping the pictures can help some one that knows more.

IMO you could try increasing your multivitamin use.
1x every couple of months is not enough to make much of any positive difference at all. Very often eye problems have a root in vitamin deficiency.
You are probably not providing nearly enough calcium using a 1x per week routine with an 8 month old male either. You might continue with calcium + d3 1x per week and use calcium without d3 most other feedings.

Back
Top Bottom