Cleaning cage after chameleon death

Dave

Avid Member
As some of you know, my oldest female veiled died yesterday, so I need to clean her cage and all the live plants in it to prepare it for my other female veiled. How would I go about this to make sure it's sterile for my other veiled?

i think a light bleach solution would be fine for the cage and just soap and water for the plants. I think I used like 1 part bleach per 10 parts water and then rinsed it off with regular water so it didn't have bleach residue.

sorry to hear about your female though :(

i agree with rocky another option would be to use a sterilising solution like you would use for cleaning baby bottles

Nottscami - if there were any parasites in the cage, the baby bottle cleaning solution wouldn't kill them.

I suggest strong hydrogen peroxide first, let it evaporate, wash it, then use bleach to clean it off the second time for a "just in case".

Nottscami - if there were any parasites in the cage, the baby bottle cleaning solution wouldn't kill them.

I suggest strong hydrogen peroxide first, let it evaporate, wash it, then use bleach to clean it off the second time for a "just in case".

it was just a suggestion!! A few years back i used a weak bleach solution and then the sterile solution second and it worked fine ive had another cham in there ever since and he's fine

Back
Top Bottom