Clea laid!

Hello everyone, today Clea laid her eggs as i think you can tell from the title. I woke up today and did my daily chameleon needs and everything was fine. When i came home i took a peek at her and she was juts coming out of her bin. I was so relived that she had just finished right when i came to school so she had all the privacy she wanted. She was really flat and i couldn't feel any eggs anymore and she was covered in dirt. So i went outside and dug all the eggs up carefully, organized the containers, filled them up with vermiculite, and put the eggs in. She laid 41-43 eggs. After i had put the egg containers in the closet, i went to give her water and boy did she drink. She also ate 2 super worms coated with calcium. If the eggs turn out to be infertile, i wouldn't mind. I'm just happy everything went smoothly:)

1st picture- Clea after the eggs
2nd picture- The holes on the lid of one container
3rd picture- Container 2 eggs
4th picture-Hole size comparison. Is the hole ok? Is it the right size?

Attachments

• chameleon eggs 001.jpg
    chameleon eggs 001.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 238
  • chameleon eggs 003.jpg
    chameleon eggs 003.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 145
  • chameleon eggs 005.jpg
    chameleon eggs 005.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 181
  • chameleon eggs 004.jpg
    chameleon eggs 004.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 197
5th picture-conatiner 1 eggs
6th picture-her cage after the bin was removed

Attachments

• chameleon eggs 006.jpg
    chameleon eggs 006.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 176
  • chameleon eggs 002.jpg
    chameleon eggs 002.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 187
Thanks Jared

Also i have to questions...

How often should i check on the eggs and how often should i go in the container and drop water droplets in the container to keep the vermiculite moist and i know not to get the drops on the eggs.

I don't check my eggs very often.....maybe every 2 to 3 weeks. If the vermiculite is moist enought to start with you shouldn't have to add water. Those holes you put in the lid of the container are kind of big so I guess the water could evaporate.

Glad that Clea is ok.

I don't check my eggs very often.....maybe every 2 to 3 weeks. If the vermiculite is moist enought to start with you shouldn't have to add water. Those holes you put in the lid of the container are kind of big so I guess the water could evaporate.

Glad that Clea is ok.

Ok so every 2-3 weeks.

Oh, i thought that was the right size holes.

I normally leave a gap in eggs so I can pinch the vermiculite to see how much water it is still holding. Then again I don't get 40+ eggs.. hehe.

Back
Top Bottom