Cicada Killer Wasp for Lunch

I was wrong!! We do have cicadas in Maine. I googled it because my son and family were here from Ohio and my daughter In law said she could hear one in the trees. Sure enough we do have them but not enough in numbers to make that loud noise you would hear when they’re all together making that noise.

Here is a pic of a cicada killer holding a cicada.

Attachments

• 60233E20-168A-400B-805F-02300B62EE63.jpeg
    60233E20-168A-400B-805F-02300B62EE63.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 60
Hey them things can hurt like hell. I would have ran too. Got em all over the place here in new Indiana too. Always had cicadas but never seen the killer wasp till this year. I don't know maybe I just wasn't paying attention

I have a screened in porch and if I leave the door open at night with the lights on I get all sorts of bugs caught in there. I have actually taken my cham out there in the mornings to gobble up whatever we caught. She just holds onto my hand and let’s that tongue fly! I talk to her about all the good bugs we have to eat and I make chomping sounds while she chews. My neighbors probably think I’m nuts.

I have a screened in porch and if I leave the door open at night with the lights on I get all sorts of bugs caught in there. I have actually taken my cham out there in the mornings to gobble up whatever we caught. She just holds onto my hand and let’s that tongue fly! I talk to her about all the good bugs we have to eat and my neighbors probably think I’m nuts.
That's awesome!

Ha! I talk to my guys all the time, too… but not in my normal voice. Some weird squeaky baby voice, and I have no idea I am doing it. Extra crazy neighbor here.

Both my neighbors are older guys who enjoy beer… one especially is almost always half in the bag. He used to get super confused when he’d let the dog out at night and my husband and I would be crawling around in our backyard with headlamps on, looking for grasshoppers and katydids.

Back
Top Bottom