Choose Your Clothing Colors Wisely

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

I was once again reminded of what not to wear around chameleons :eek:. I was given some really nice quality medium-dark red polo shirts from work. This morning my male Veiled was not happy with my wardrobe choice. He started with the "hide behind the vine" mode and then went to the most lower rear plant to hide. I came home at lunch and he was still hiding there. By the time I came home tonight he was finally back up in his basking spot. He quickly tried to shrink behind the vine again. I went out of the room and returned without that shirt and he went back to normal. My male Nosy Be' Panther didn't seem to mind much at all. He's about as mellow as they come. He just kind of did a double-take. I usually wear blue or tan long-sleeved shirts and they are both happy with that.

thanks for the reminder! i guess a month ago, i went to reach in to pick up my cham and realized i was wearing a bright red jacket, OOPS! he did NOT like that! (unfortunately my fav color is red hahaha)

wow

thats pretty crazy that chams get bugged my different colors. i had no idea they would ever care

I wonder if panthers are just more laid back across the board. Thaxter gives no impression that he notices or cares about clothing color, presence or absence of hats or scarves, or even that he makes distinctions between different people. Offer him a hand and he'll climb on first, ask questions later (if ever).

I just had this experience with my male panther....My brother came by yesterday afternoon and he was wearing a shirt whose colors looked like that on a fired up Nosy Be male.

I thought his shirt looked great. Then he went out back to see Gizmo (who was sunning in his ficus tree). Gizmo took one look at bro and tried to hide behind the branch he had been sitting on. He took on his "you're freaking me out man!" colors.

My brother felt really bad and immediatly went back into the house so as not to scare the little guy. :D

Back
Top Bottom